Chapter Nineteen

—First Person POV.—

Todoroki rested his head on his arm, small bags had started to form under his eyes while he stared, attempting to not fall asleep.

Everything about his features looked sunken and tired 'He looks dead.' I chuckled, easily capturing his attention. He turned to look at me, our eyes suddenly meeting, I smiled to him before he stood up.

He only broke our eye contact to pull the seat across from me out and sit down in it. He placed his elbow on the table and rested his head on his hand, continuing to stare at me in the process.

"What do you need?" I raised an eyebrow towards his heterochromic eyes.

"Tell me what you like."

"What I like? What kind of quest—" He glared "Uhh well my favorite color is (f/c)?" I shrugged, not really understanding what the odd vampire was trying to get at.

After my pause, he continued to watch me before nodding "Hurry up and continue" He commanded. I deadpanned "Why do you suddenly want to know?"

He sat up from his rested spot, his eyes now glaring at me again "Just tell me what you like." He replied, causing me to roll my eyes in annoyance "Fine, I like water? Existing?"

My sardonic tone slowly died out as I watched him sigh lightly.

"Fighting."

"Hm?" He glanced up to meet my eyes once more as I looked away and cleared my throat "I want to learn how to fight and I like swimming, a lot."

"..Is that all?" "I think the moon and stars are very pretty but other than that, that's it." I smiled, easing up in my seat as he nodded along "Why do you want to learn how to fight?" I shrugged "I don't know, I can't remember anything before the..."

My mind went blank.

I had gone silent for a period of time and Todoroki noticed this, after a few more seconds of waiting to see if I'll talk, he finally cleared his throat and stood up from his seat.

"Alright, I understand." Was the last thing he said as he went back to the seat behind his desk and sat down. My eyes followed him, confusion seeping into my brain 'Understand... What?'

He didn't really say anything after that, so I went back to doing what I was doing before.

'Weird vampire.'

—Time Skip.—

The sound of a loud boom caught my attention. My eyes curiously glanced out the window to see where it had come from.

A large four legged creature landed at the front door, it's body basked in a deep red color while it's thin slitted pupils flickered back and forth.

It let out a loud grumble before crouching down and laying its head onto the floor. After a few seconds, a body emerged from behind one of the creatures large horns, effortlessly hopping off and landing on the floor next to the beasts head.

It's a man, from how far away I was I could see he was wearing a red cape and had blonde hair but that's all.

I stared in shock as the creature stood back up, easily looming over the boy as he walked up to Ojiro, who seemed to greet him with a brief bow before letting him into the manor.

"What.. Is that?" I questioned, glancing towards the vampire at his desk. He briefly looked up towards the window before going back to what he was doing, ignoring my question.

I watched the terrifying creature as it waited outside, barely moving before glancing behind it and up to the sky.

The door slammed open.