Chapter Thirty

—First Person POV.—

After my little embarrassment attack and contemplating throwing myself out the nearest window, I sat up.

My eyes landed on the chair near my bed, it was empty but the memories of who sat there last night still played in my head and a content smile spread across my face.

'He appreciated my efforts.' I internally beamed, my heart picking up pace when I went to stand up 'If I see him again, will he continue to look at me as if I'm special?' I'm getting ready and heading to the door now.

'I want to see him.' I sigh with glee, my eye glancing to the window and watching as a few birds pass by.

'I want to see Shoto Todoroki.'

—Third Person POV.—

Farther into the castle, small plants and bottles are splayed out across a table and Todoroki is opening a nearby drawer.

He moves a few things around before pulling a small glass bottle out and examining it.

'Would a liquid be easier to swallow?' He internally questions before shaking his head and placing the bottle back in the drawer.

'No, a pill is easier to swallow all at once.' He thinks while checking on a nearby fire and waiting for the tea kettle to sound off.

'Enders are empty shells that have light and darkness pass through them indiscriminately, but it becomes volatile after time.' The kettle finally releases its high pitched wail.

'It is rumored that they get their immortality by eating vampires so..' Todoroki leans down and uses his ice to put the fire out.

He grabs the kettle and walks over to the table of plants and bottles 'I know it's a risky, but..'

'When she leaves I won't be able to protect her, she could die.' He places the kettle down and starts grinding the plants and contents inside the bottles together.

'Nobody would want to be immortal.'

He pauses 'She can't find out.' His eyes darken as he recounts the memories they had made together.

'I have no intention of asking for permission.'

'I'll turn her into an immortal Ender first, and then work forever at getting her to forgive me.'

'I'm sure she'll forgive me.' All of the contents had mixed so he placed the grinder down 'No, it doesn't matter, even if she doesn't—"

'Even if I lose it all.'

'As long as you stay with me..' He used a small shard of ice to cut open his hand, his blood dripping into the mix like rain, this dark plan unseen by all who live in this castle.

—First Person POV.—

I had been with Bakugo and Kirishima all day, mainly taking tips on how to survive out as a traveler.

They where even teaching me how to use maps and showed me where their kingdom is "Seriously?! Now you're just lying!" I exclaimed in disbelief, Bakugo sat beside me with both of our backs up against the tree, he was sharpening his sword.

"He's serious!" Kiri defended, his body upside down while his tail held onto the branch and let him hang from the tree.

I shook my head "There's no way! I'd have to see it myself to believe!" I claimed, gesturing to the map spread out in front of me.

Kirishima shrugged "It's not like we can take you there ourselves, Todoroki would kill us—"

"Oh that reminds me!" I beamed "Shoto said I could travel and leave if I wanted to! And that I'm no longer a maid and can come back whenever I need a place to sta—" Bakugo clasped his hand on the back of my head "We already know, you idiot." I let out a yell as he messed up my hair.