Chapter Thirty-Four

—Third Person POV.—

"Is this the letter?"

"Yes." Zaka confirmed, handing the scented envelope over to the vampire.

Todoroki's eyes ignored the name on the outside, simply pulling the actual letter out and skimming over it's words.

"Anything else?" He tossed it off to the side, returning his attention over to the male standing across from his sitting figure.

"There was nothing else."

Todoroki let out a small sigh, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked off 'As expected, the past was the problem. It couldn't be because of this stupid letter.'

"Your Grace, May I say something?" His eyes glanced over towards the voice, Shoto's attention catching on to Zaka again as he passively nodded.

"She was very distressed upon reading Maeve Asterin's letter." Zaka commented, recalling the expression she had made as her eyes moved over the words on the paper in her hand.

"Why do you think that?"

"Because she professed her love to you in that letter." He stated obviously, watching as Todoroki raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"That doesn't explain anything." Zaka resisted the urge to facepalm, a small sigh leaving his lips instead "Imagine if she had received a letter saying the same thing."

"What if a guard falls in love with her voice when she greets him every morning—" Zaka shifted as the room grew cold "—And begs to see her smile again?"

"Then I'll gouge out his eyes." Shoto glared and Zaka let a smile grace his features "I think it's similar to that feeling." Zaka explained, causing Todoroki to pause.

"..What?" The room heated back up to it's normal temperature as Todoroki cleared his throat 'She couldn't feel the same way I do. (Y/n) doesn't love me.'

"That's what you were trying to say? Get out."

"Yes, Sir." Zaka replied, turning and leaving the room.

Now being alone, Todoroki shook off the interaction 'Anyway, I can't spend tomorrow night alone like this again.' He glanced over to the letter he had tossed onto his desk 'I must fix this problem.'

—Time Skip.—

—First Person POV.—

"You're last again, Ojiro." Zaka deadpanned as said male walked into the room with a few envelopes in his grasp.

He nodded, handing them over to Zaka "Sorry, I was a bit caught up today." He apologized, I had just followed Ojiro into the room so he moved around me, saying another brief apology before exiting the room.

I watched Zaka glance over the envelopes, doing his usual checks before letting out a sigh of relief as he leant back in his chair.

"Hey (Y/n), this should be it." Zaka nodded as sat back up and he held out a few of the envelopes to me.

I nodded "Make sure you get some rest, okay?" I smiled, taking the envelopes from his grasp and turning to leave.

I heard him call out a quick "You too!" As the door closed behind me.

As I was walking through the halls I absently ended up glancing down at the stack in my hands, a specific envelope capturing my eye 'This is...'