~9~

Ivy and I started walking over to the large green dragon who's name we learned was Nakoa. When we where around 10ft away from him Ivy stopped but I found myself walking closer to him when I was right in front of him I said.

"Avete." (Hello)

This shocked me because I didn't know a lot of Latin but I suddenly found myself feeling fluent in the Natural Dragon Language I shook that thought away and reminded myself to ask someone about it later. It seemed my voice catch his attention and he looked at me full of curiosity and a bit of weariness, I then found myself trying to enter his mind I don't know why put I felt myself naturally trying to do so so when I felt like I could talk to him I tested it.

Hello? I said in my mind.

Hello. Who is this? A rather gruff voice said back to me, by this time Nakoa was looking around trying to see who was talking to him.

I am in front of you. I said back.

At this his big green head spun towards me, How are you doing this? he said sounding a bit shocked.

I don't really know. When I was close to you I felt this urge to try to get into your mind. I said back to him slightly confused.

And you know Latin?

No, that's what is confusing me I never knew Latin before the Choosing Ceremony, but now I feel like I am fluent in it.

Quod maxime est valde; sed tu es valde specialis pueri magis quam unquam scire. (That is very particular, but you are a very special child more than you might ever know.)

Before I could ask him what he meant the leader walked over to me and said "What are you doing?"

"I was just standing near the dragon I wanted to ride?" I replied but it came out more of a question.

"You seem different," he suddenly said, " not only are you the strongest thing in the world, but you and your friend seem very different from most girls that I have seen throughout the villages I have been to."

"Thankyou?" I said sounding uncertain.

"Then there is that you willingly went to stand right next to a dragon that could kill you in less than a second so that tells me that you are either brave or stupid." he added.

I then took this time to look around and I could see that he was right everyone besides me was standing around 10ft away from the dragons they choose before turning to look back at him and saying, "Everyone is both brave and stupid, you cant choose, one just overpowers the other and it shows the type of person you are." I could hear Nakoa chuckling from the other side of our link and I could tell the leader did too because he gave the green dragon a dirty look before turning and walking into the middle of everyone.

"Alright now that you have all chosen the dragons you are riding just wait for one of the riders to go over to you and it will be sorted out from there." he said before turning and walking over to Ivy and I with the element wielders close behind him.

"Hello my name is Jack." the dual wielder said to Ivy and I.

"Hi my name is Sage." I replied nicely.

"And my name is Ivy." Ivy chirped in.

After that there was an awkward silence for a moment before the leader spoke and said "Well my name is Cole and you can be introduced to everyone else when we get to The Academy, but now we need to get you both up onto Nakoa."

Ivy and I nodded in agreement before Ivy walked over to Nakoa and ask for a hand up. I watched as Ivy started climbing up Nakao's leg and then I watched her grip onto a big green wing and try to pull herself up, she got around halfway up before she started falling again so I quickly ran over to her and pushed her the rest of the way up.

"Well that was eventful." I said humorously, in which I got a glare from Ivy.

"Why don't you try Sage?" Ivy said clearly trying to embarrass me, but in response I just shrugged and walked closer to Nakoa.

"You might need a hand there." Cole said while walking over to me but I simply put my hand up motioning for him to stop because I was certainly not going to let any of these boys touch any part of my body.

Do you mind helping me out here? I asked Nakoa through mind link.

He quickly obliged and started lowering himself so he was as small as possible, I smiled slightly before grabbing the base of his wing, placing my leg atop of his and hoisting myself up and I must admit I was pretty proud of myself. When I was comfortable near the back of Nakao's body I just started daydreaming about some random stuff.

You might want to look up little one. I heard a voice ring through my head.

So I quickly snapped my head up to be met with a number of faces starring at me shocked.

I laughed nervously before saying " Is something wrong?"

"How did you just do that? He doesn't even do that for me." Cole stuttered out.

"I don't know I just climbed up?" I said awkwardly so before anyone said anything else I said " Well you all need to get up we are running late."

And with that everyone was on the dragons, and soon enough we where soaring through the sky all in our own worlds...

***

A bit of a shorter chapter but it was really rushed. Also sorry I haven't uploaded in a few weeks my school life has been crazy with summer exams and studying.

1000 words