~14~

Sage POV

My head snaps towards the huge metal door when I hear loud roars coming from behind it.

"That sounds a lot fucking bigger than normal." I mumble but suddenly I stop talking when I hear the door clanging open.

I wait patiently for the door to fully open, while waiting I feel my body filling with adrenaline, as the door fully opens I see a huge golden dragon, actually I see a very angry, huge gold dragon, but a gold dragon nonetheless. And from its build I can tell it's a female.

I watch as her huge head snapped towards me with anger and a protective look in her eyes, I know the protectiveness isn't towards me, at an inhuman speed she turns and her large spiked tail thumps into my side sending me flying into the wall with ...

I watch as her huge head snapped towards me with anger and a protective look in her eyes, I know the protectiveness isn't towards me, at an inhuman speed she turns and her large spiked tail thumps into my side sending me flying into the wall with the wind knocked out of me. Once I regain my breath I look down to see blood soaking through my shirt, I pulled it up to reveal long wounds along my ribcage, my breath hitches as I look up to see her looking at me with that glint in her eye again. I watch as she lowers her body to the ground, almost like a lion waiting to pounce on its prey, not knowing what else to do I stick my hand out and shut my eyes waiting for the impact. I wait for a few seconds before opening my eyes and seeing the dragon staring intensely at my hand, as if sensing me looking at her, her head snaps towards me and stares into my eyes, then I remember the first time with Nakoa, so I start doing what feels natural and start breaking into her mind.

Hello?

I watch as she looks at me with shock in her eyes.

Hello? How are you doing this.

I... Um don't exactly know but are you alright?

She growls at me, while bearing her teeth at my question.

Watch your tongue, girl.

OK, OK I'm sorry. But if you don't mind me asking. I pause seeing what she would do, but she just stares at me so I continue. What are you protecting? I could see it in your eyes.

She looks at me hesitant before saying. How do I know I can trust you girl?

All I can give you is my word of trust. Tell me and I can try and help you.

Come close child, I do not want anyone else seeing.

I slowly over to her trying not to scare her in any way, as I get closer I see her tense up so I stop waiting for her to relax before approaching her again. When I'm close enough I look up to her face. It's alright you can show me and I will help you to the best of my abilities.

I am putting my trust in you child but I need to do one more thing to see if I can fully trust you.

I watch as she lowers her forehead to mine, I stand looking at her in confusion, when her forehead meets mine I feel a warmth take over my body and suddenly the dragon moves its head from mine and I feel the warmth slowly drain from my body, and I watch as her head lowers down to her stomach, I slowly move over to her, staring at her slightly bulging stomach as I look closer I notice it kind of looks like a pouch, you know one of the ones a kangaroo has.

I look up to her face when her wings circle me, blocking out the outside world, I then slowly turn to her stomach again and open the pouch and look in and what I see next makes me gasp. Inside are 3 large golden eggs.

Ok, alright that is a problem. What do you need me to do?

I can't go back into the world now because my children are going to hatch today or tomorrow. So I need you not to tell anyone and get me somewhere safe, little one.

I look through a gap in her wings around at everyone looking at where we are with scared expressions before looking up at her face again and I start thinking about what to do.

I  have come up with a plan but I'll need your help for it. I start walking to the edge of her wings and wait until they open, I then quickly walk out and over to the wall I put my hands in front of me and start summoning as much of the air around me, morphing it into a ball and with my last energy I send it flying into the wall creating a hole big enough that she could fit through.

But I quickly snap my head to the side when I heard the crowd panicking and and yelling at someone to 'save me' like seriously a school full of boys, but I quickly remind myself about the task on hand.

Come please.

I watch as she walks in side the tunnel and as I go to follow her I hear loud clanging, I look around confused before realising that people where trying to get into the arena, knowing I was pushing myself far beyond my limits, I hold my hand out and start blocking the doors with every atom of air I could muster, after a few seconds making sure they can't get in I start walking through the tunnel making sure to keep the doors shut before stopping abruptly and grabbing hay from the door that the dragon was originally in, I am honestly so surprised I haven't collapsed yet, and after I get all of it I walk to the end of the tunnel, placing the hay down, feeling my energy deteriorating with every step.

"I... Um might need your help making the area bigger for yourself." I say feeling myself becoming more light-headed.

She nods her head and starts ramming into the walls and making it wider. After a while she gets it to a size she likes and turns to face me.

"Make yourself comfortable and try to make a nest, I will be back soon." I say stumbling out of the tunnel.

You will come back, won't you little one?

I turn around smiling, well trying to smile it just looked like a grimace, "I will." I say and start stumbling back again.

As I reach the end of the tunnel I fall to my knees finally letting the doors go and a ringing immediately fills my ears before I fall forward, feeling a massive weight lift off my shoulders, I stare up at the sky for what felt like hours but in reality was seconds before I see a face come into view, I see them yelling at people around us but the ringing in my head is overpowering everything around me so I shut my eyes tightly hoping it will calm everything around me, I slowly feel myself slipping so I quickly open my eyes.

"You're alright Sage stop fighting it. You need rest." A male voice says.

I slowly nod my head, feeling myself slip into the darkness, "Don't.... Don't go into the tunnel." I rasp out before being engulfed by darkness.

***

I have started school again. It's the saddest thing ever. Like seriously I have already had a French test like a week in!?

Anyways have you ever not been able to switch your brain off? I'm not even joking I have like 5 different story ideas AND their plots. It's not even funny.

1274 words