Chapter Four

"Gee!"

Gerard was laying atop the makeshift mattress in the tomb back with Frank. "Frankie!" Gerard sputtered.

Frank offered him a mug of cold coffee and once Gerard took it and chugged it's contents, Frank grabbed Gerard's cheeks in his hands and squeezed. "You scared me shitless! You hear me? Fucking SHITLESS!"

Gerard swallowed the last bit of bitterness left from the coffee in his mouth and stared up at Frank. "I... I'm sorry..."

Frank kept running his fingers through Gerard's hair. "There's nothing to be sorry about, Gee. I was just so scared that you were dying."

"We're all dying, Frankie. Some faster than others." Gerard twirled the mug around in his hands. Frank smiled and raked his fingers through Gerard's hair once more. "Fuck, I love it when you call me that."

Gerard smiled into the empty mug. "Frankie..."

He turned up his smile to Frank as his teeth bit down lightly on his bottom lip. Frank smiled back, his lip ring clicking against his teeth. "Gee..."

Gerard swallowed, a lump forming in his throat. "I love it when you call me that, too."

Frank's voice turned high. "You like it when I call you Frankie?"

Gerard playfully shoved Frank. "You know what I mean!"

Gerard's mind raced a mile a minute. He just met this guy, but he feels so alive and he feels so warm in this cold place and those eyes and those lips and that smile and those hands he just wanted all of it everywhere all over him. How fucked up was it all? But he couldn't help it. He reached out and grabbed hold of the left side of Frank's face and pulled him close, so close their noses almost touched and they stared at each other without blinking. Gerard inhaled and smelled the smoke on Frank's breath. They both sat there on the pillow mattress in the glow of the torch and just stared at each other. Frank cleared his throat. "I know that we just met, but this feels..."

He reached out and took Gerard's hand and laced their fingers together. Gerard squeezed Frank's hand. "I know what you mean." Gerard responds.

Frank could see the small bits of stubble forming on Gerard's chin and cheeks and drew up a finger tip to trace his features when Gerard caught his hand and drew it up to his lips. He kissed each of Frank's fingertips and then drew his middle finger softly into his mouth. Frank gasped in surprise. Frank's eyes shut tight and his breathing hitched. Gerard lightly sucked on the pad of his finger and withdrew it from his mouth, kissing as he did. Frank lightly chuckled as he reclaimed his hand, leaning back against the wall, slightly away from Gerard. "Gee, what are you doing?"

Gerard looked crestfallen. "What's wrong, Frankie? I... I thought..."

Frank took Gerard's face into his hands and pushed their lips together silencing Gerard. Gerard felt his hands snake up Frank's face, brushing his red bangs from his face and pulling them back as he felt Frank's tongue enter his mouth and meld with his own. Softly, they intertwined as did their bodies. Frank's teeth hungrily tore at Gerard's bottom lip. Gerard's hands found their way down the sides of Frank's face to his sides down to his hips and felt that delicious dip right above the waistband of his jeans, while Frank slid his hands through Gerard's almost shoulder length hair down his neck and to his shoulders. As Frank's fingers tenderly grazed across Gerard's shoulders, he accidentally strokes the injection site and Gerard flinches, pulling his mouth away from Frank's. Gerard bows his head back to try to get a better look at the inflamed mark, and barely sees it. Frank's heart lurches as he strokes Gerard's hair once more. "Did I hurt you, Gee?"