Chapter Forty-Four

Something changed in Gerard, Frank had noticed, that pushed him over the edge of his reasoning that was always driven by his sense rather than his emotions. It's like something inside of him woke from dormancy and took over with an aggressive force. He couldn't stop stalking the room back and forth as they made their way inside, hands holding one another behind his back as he mumbled thoughts to himself that Frank could barely make out, arguing with himself, maybe he was talking to Helena now that he understood her presence. Frank just sat at command on the bed upstairs, watching Gerard pacing and talking amongst himself, waiting for any involvement and not wanting to interrupt his train of thought. "No... No... That won't work," Gerard babbled, shaking his head furiously. "No... Stop! Don't you hear me?" He shouted over his shoulder, away from Frank, as though another person was in the room. 

Frank followed Gerard, his head hypnotically moving from right to left and back again on a continuous loop. Gerard stopped midstride tilting his head at another possible person, his head bobbing in agreement. "Maybe... Just, just maybe..."

"Gerard!" A high voice choired into the mix from Gerard's mouth. "We can talk about this, you know? Let's make sure we take things into consideration..."

"Do you think I'm not?" Gerard snapped back at himself. "I'm completely level headed. I have a feeling that he makes a good point." Quipping a finger to his right towards the bedroom window. 

"I know," the higher tone returned. "But all I'm saying is..."

"That's it!" Gerard cut himself off, turning on his heel looking deliriously enlightened by whatever thought came to him, whether it was his own or spiritually. "That's exactly it! Now..." He waved his loosened hands out at his sides. "I need some privacy with my boyfriend if that's alright." His hands froze mid-wave, his eyes closing and subtly nodding. "Yes... Yes... I promise I will. And you leave me be, too!" Gerard slapped his forehead, trying to look at it as he did.

Shaking his head vigorously, Gerard looked down at Frank sitting atop the bed, watching in fascination. "A plan is in place!" Gerard got down on his knees, cupping Frank's face, his small teeth smiling with the progression.

"That's great, baby," Frank smiled grimly up at his boyfriend. "What is it?"

"We can talk over breakfast," Gerard leaned forward to roll his tongue over Frank's lips. "But right now... I feel like I need something more sustainable."

Frank's dick twitched at this newly and immensely confident Gerard, hanging over every word he spoke. "Sustainable how?"

A shadow fell over Frank as Gerard let go of his face and rose over him, a tight grin peaking up at one corner of his mouth. "Oh, I think you know, Frankie."

Gerard pulled down his underwear, letting them fall at his feet and stepping out of them, his hips pulling up and back down as he pulled each foot from the fabric. He sank back down to his knees in front of Frank, pulling the elastic band of both his pajamas and underwear and releasing it with a snap. "I don't think that it's entirely fair that I'm completely nude and on my knees while you're here sitting pretty fully dressed when I know just how much prettier you are without anything at all." A smooth lock of his bangs glided over the slight of his nose, an abstruse slice cutting his face in half. 

Without a word, Frank jumped from his position and stripped off all that he was wearing in just a few seconds, realizing how he had barely breathed a word since they came back inside. Gerard watched as Frank stood straight, unknowing what to do since normally he was the one normally in control, but he sensed a difference. His heart was convulsing in his chest, thumping rapidly and rattling his ribcage, as Gerard looked him up and down, poising his chin atop the upper knuckles of his left hand and drawing attention to the sharp corners of his face. "My dear," Gerard quirked one side of his mouth in a wicked smile, Frank noticing how the bow of his lips were equally sharp daggers of taupe pink. "I do hope I tell you just how enticing you are... Absolutely perfect."