06

Lisa who had been frightful previously looked in the direction where everyone's eyes started to move at one man from far behind. At first, the man was only a silhouette but when he started to walk, people moved away from him to make way so that he could walk.

She saw him walk where the stage was set up. Every step of his bringing him closer to where she was while his view only got clearer, his eyes were set on hers and hers on his. She had seen plenty of handsome men in her village and the town around but none could compare to this man. When he finally came close, she took note of his red eyes that were dark.

As they stared at each other, she saw something dark and dangerous lurk behind his eyes which put her on an alert. There was a piece of stick which played at the edge of his lips, stopping only when he came to stand in front of the stage.

"Master Jungkook!" the bidder greeted the man with a nervous undertone in his voice, "Are you buying the slave?"

The man didn't break his gaze away from the young girl who was staring just like he did. The bidder seeing this took it in a different way that the master was being offended by the girl maintaining her eye contact. Frank, pushed the girl's head down quickly and her head bent due to him pushing her down so that she would show some respect to the elite pureblooded vampire.

With the man's gaze broken away, he looked up at Frank, "Hmm, the gold will be delivered to you in an hour," the man named Jungkook stated not wanting to rebuke any argument.

"Of course!" Frank bowed his head with his hand still holding down the girl's head. The man stepped on the stage with one jump swiftly like a cat before standing up.

"Hands off."

"Huh?" the man didn't understand what he meant out of pure happiness that they had sold a girl for five thousand gold coins. That was money one of his kind could only dream to have.

"Take your hands off my belonging," the man didn't need to be told twice. He quickly moved his hand away from the slave whose head he had been pushing.

"You can collect her from the backside of the stage," Frank replied back, keeping a step distance from the girl as the man glared down at him. Compared to Frank who was of average height for a man, this man who stood in front of them towered in his height.

With the grubby man's hand not on her anymore, Lisa wanted to look at the man who had bought her but with his gaze that came back at her, she felt intimidated. With the way the man who had been rude and disgraceful with all the slaves, he now seemed like a shaking leaf.

Already having enough sight and plight of what the slaves had to go through Lisa didn't want to risk looking at him.

"You can keep this one as your deposit to collect the gold," she saw the pureblooded vampire pull out a bag that jingled softly. He handed it over to Frank.

"Please master Jungkook. We don't need the deposit," said Frank with a small laugh to let the man know he trusted that they would be paid.

Jungkook didn't respond to it. Instead, he gave one look at the young woman who stood in front of him. He bit into the twig that he had been playing within his mouth. Not saying anything he turned around, jumping down from the stage that had been set up to walk around and towards the backstage. A smaller man followed him, hot on his trail who looked a little shocked just like the people who had witnessed what just happened.

Frank, clearing his throat went to sell the next slave, "We have another young girl just as beautiful as the previous one. You won't be disappointed," he shouted.

Lisa was taken back in from where she had come, going back to the tent which had gotten darker before she had left. With the last but one slave now being sold out in the open, it was only the guardsman, the elder woman and her.