20

Lisa stood up with her bowl, where the utensil was passed to the maid before she was led back to Jungkook's room. When the long length of the dining table was cleared by the maids, all of them left before the last one closed the doors behind her before leaving the father and son in there by themselves.

"That was quite rude of what you said to Yeon hee, Jungkook,"Jungkook's father spoke, his red eyes looking at his son whose eyes finally decided to move to look back.

"That is equal to saying you don't respect what your deceased wife said. Don't tell me, you don't value her words anymore but of the living," tuted Jungkook shaking his head playfully.

"That is a low blow and not very nice of you to say that."

"I didn't say anything wrong but was only stating facts."

"Your facts are very bitter, worse than a grain of salt on the wound."

"What can I say, truth is bitter," Jungkook chuckled. Jungkook's father's eyes twitched. His mouth twisting in distaste.

"You know she isn't that bad..."

"That's like saying you know she's bad but not too bad. Considerably bad?" Jungkook raised his hands when his father looked at him with a frown, "What is with the serious mood," sighing, his words turned serious, "She might be a good mother to little sister and a wonderful wife to you but she will never take mother's place."

"You need to give her a chance, to acknowledge her presence. She is a person."

"I did. I acknowledge her to be your wife, father but that is the only acknowledgment she will receive," Jungkook's father, Junwoo didn't know what to say. Though his elder daughter Jisoo was more accepting of the situation where he had remarried. Jungkook had been worse than hostile but he couldn't argue more as his current wife didn't spare her words to his son, "It's going to be your mother's birth anniversary in three days. Are you planning to skip it this year too? Your mother would have loved for you to be part of it."

The glint in Jungkook's eyes reduced where he gave his father a lop-sided smile, "The thought of celebrating birthdays is endearing when the person is alive," this was the time in the year Jungkook didn't like. Changing the subject back, he lifted his chin, "Don't you think your youngest daughter is being spoiled unnecessarily?"

"She must have taken it from you," his father's lips twisted slightly. Picking the glass of blood that was placed for him to drink, he took a sip from it.

"Touché. At least I don't go threatening to break arms for silly reasons. You need to keep an eye on that one. Never know what she will do..."

His father nodded his head as if agreeing but not voicing it in words at first, "I am aware that she tends to be like that," Junwoo placed his hand under his chin, "Sometimes I wonder if it is because she feels left out by being the youngest one. It does worry me," the old man sighed.

"I will happily take up the task of beating the brattiness out of her," the evil glint in Jungkook's eyes was up.

"Children are supposed to get along once they grow up. You both are being difficult," the man rubbed his forehead. Seeing Jungkook stand up and starting to walk, he asked his son, "The Lord of Bonelake is pleased with your work."

"That is good news."

"Yes, he is a humble and kind man for a vampire lord yet he graciously looks after the land," Jungkook smiled as he approached the door. Humble? Kind? His father was blind as the rest of them to think like that. He doubted that Lord Cheonhga dictionary held all those words. As much as he appeared kind outwardly, it took Jungkook less than a ten seconds to crack open the facade the man carried behind his smooth chiseled mask.