31

Lisa was confused, her mind trying to reel in with what she understood and she was still trying to process around her. She wondered if it was possible. When her eyes met Jungkook's questioning ones, she asked him, "Could you tell me what I told you? About going to the doctor's house..."

Jungkook's eyes tried to gauge what was going on but nonetheless he went to repeat what he had heard from her, "You said you had been to the doctor's house on foot as there was a riot taking place on the main road. Taking a deviation before meeting him. After some time you did mention that you brought the man to the house but it had been too late. Your mother's health was quickly deteriorating. What happened, Lalisa? Speak," he demanded, looking at her. There was a heap of confusion that filled up her eyes.

"If my mother is alive. Is she a witch like me?" asked Lisa without answering what Jungkook was asking. Jungkook's mouth twisted, taking in a deep breath he released to say, "Yes,"

Lisa nodded her head. Not because she understood what was being told but she was still working on understanding why her mother would die to come back again. If she were a witch along with her father, why had she failed to mention it to her? Was it not important to know who she was or what she was to be precise. It felt as if she had been living a life of lies where she had no clue, "But she isn't the same as you," her eyes looked up at him with a frown.

"What do you mean?" her heart started to thud back.

"I don't know how far it is true but there's rumored lore which hasn't been proven until now. When a white witch dies to reincarnate herself, her body decomposes like any other body that has to decay to become one with the land she had stepped on to. But this doesn't hold the same for the black witch. When the black witch dies, her body starts to decay and if it is the reincarnation the body doesn't decay one bit because they make use of the same body."

"...she's a black witch," Lisa finally came to the conclusion. Her body suddenly turned cold as if someone had thrown a bucket of water on her.

Jungkook hadn't planned to tell her this early. After all, she was still learning things around her but keeping it as a secret wasn't going to benefit anyone. Not to him, not to her. The sooner the information to be out in the air the better it was. With Lisa's mother who was a black witch and her father who was a white witch, things had truly taken another turn but there was something more to the story right now.

Lisa, on the other hand, wondered what to do. She had the least expectation of her parents being part of the creatures who people despised on a daily basis. She herself had turned out to be a white witch which she thought was the most she could be shocked with but with her mother being a black witch, she didn't know what to conclude about the life she had lived so far.
"What if the lore is false and untrue. Some things are only made up to change the course of her person's mind."

"You don't mean to say the white witches are on the wrong. That would be a plot twist in the history of the witches," he commented, seeing her shake her head.

"No, that is not what I mean..." the person she had loved and whom she had been loved back, her mother who had passed away, how could she be a black witch? Black witches were not known to be good. Throughout the years, it was mentioned over and over again in the history of books on how vile the black witches were. Hunting, killing, cutting people for their own use of the potions and the lack of understanding on how to co-exist with the others. Lisa then realized there was Bathsheba who was helping her or helping only because of Jungkook, "My mother was a good woman."

Jungkook didn't know if the girl was trying to assure him or assure herself after finding out about her mother. Not being subtle in the slightest, he said, "Black witches are not to be trusted. You might be a good actress with chiseling the skill over the months but they, the black witches are born to be sweet talkers to get what they want," he saw Lisa get upset over his words.