30

"Apologies, milady," Lisa had tried to concentrate on what the lady was teaching her knowing well that not every master or mistress of the high standing family took time to teach their servants and slaves on the value of education.

Jisoo looked at the parchment before shifting her gaze to the human slave who belonged to Jungkook, "Let's close it for today. We have already spent an hour and I need to go take my mother and sister out to the Isle valley. Would you like to come?" the vampiress added the last part wondering if she would like to join them, "Have you been to the Isle Valley?"

Lisa nodded her head, "Master Jungkook said he had to take me somewhere today," which was the truth but it was also a way to escape the awkward as well as killer atmosphere she would have to share with Lady Yeri and Lady Oh yoonhee.

Jisoo didn't ask her any further questions but let her leave the room. Lisa let out an inaudible sigh of relief. After the day she had fallen into the sea with Jungkook who had accused every single person in the mansion except for his father who wasn't in the mansion at that house and maybe somewhere else, also the butler for the trust he had placed, a lot of them stayed away from Lisa. Especially when it came to the servants who worked in the mansion.

The ones who once upon a time used to gossip or look at her some with disgust and some in envy looked away from her. Ignoring her presence as if she didn't exist whilst they continued to do their job in the mansion. Lisa didn't mind it one bit though. Instead of feeling bad for how things turned out after Jungkook had ripped the maid's head from her body, she didn't mind the quietness that had returned back to her life. It was visible that the servants feared Jungkook. As much as he exuded a bright and happy appearance there was this untouchable part where one didn't dare to cross lines with him. Which included his own family and she could see it in Yeri's eyes.

Walking up to Jungkook's room, she noticed the butler who stood halfway in and half out of the door listening to something Jungkook was doing.

"Clean the lower grounds as they haven't been used but don't touch what is in the upper level. We wouldn't want unneeded disturbances there. There was no oil added in there," as Lisa came closer to the room, she caught sight of Jungkook who stood in front of the mirror as he tied the necktie around his neck. Fiddling it with his hands before the knot was formed. And as if sensing Lisa's presence without having to turn his head, he further ordered the butler, "Clean up the things that are in the attic. Push it in the corner and lock it down."

"Yes, Master Jungkook. Anything else?" asked the butler to look to his side where Lisa had arrived.

"That would be all," said Jungkook, dismissing his butler and then speaking to Lisa,

"How was your time with Jisoo? You are early," he said, glancing at the clock on the wall which moved its pendulum back and forth in a steady rhythm.

"We finished the class early," Lisa responded back before stepping inside the room completely.

"So I have noticed. Something I should know?" He asked her to check if something had transpired between her and his sister. Lisa shook her head.

"Nothing," Jungkook gave her a small curt node to say, "Are you ready?" he asked her.

"Yes," after knowing that her mother was alive who had failed to contact her back, Lisa had wanted to go back to Bathsheba's house to gain more answers to her questioning mind. The questions kept bubbling up one after another, leading her mind to no peace. She was quieter than many other times which Jungkook noticed, knowing exactly why she was in this state.

Jungkook and Lisa traveled using their family carriage. Taking a separate one from the one which was being used by the three ladies of the mansion.

Reaching the house where Bathsheba lived, they saw her talking to one of the women of the village who was conversing with her chirpily about something she had cooked for her relatives who only left last night.