Distant- Kaylee

"Kay, can we cuddle?" You ask as you walk into your shared bedroom.

"In a minute." She mumbles distractedly, rereading her latest script for legacies.

"You said that an hour ago." You whine. "Please. This is the only day we've had off together in weeks. You leave really early and don't come back until late and by then you're exhausted."

"I have to learn my lines, Y/N." Kaylee huffs, closing her eyes and mumbling one of the lines to herself before opening them to see if she got it right.

"Just take a break, we can watch a movie, I'll make you dinner." You suggest. "You've been reading that since we woke up."

"Y/N, I said no." Kaylee says sternly, looking over at you. "I have a week to learn these lines, and if I have you whining my ear every second then I won't have a job. So stop being so annoying and do something with yourself!" She snaps.

Tears spring into your eyes at her words. "I'm sorry."

"Get out!" She yells which makes you flinch. You quickly walk out of the room and go down the stairs to the garden. You sit on the porch swing and tears flow down your cheeks, you've had a rough couple of days, you've just felt really low and all you want is to cuddle into Kaylee's arms and forget about everything, but you can't.

Kaylee's never shouted at you before, she knows all about how your Dad used to shout at you before he hit you when he got drunk, she promised never to shout at you. She also promised never to be distant with you, but
over the last month you've barely seen her. She works more than she's put down to do, when she gets home she goes straight to sleep and leaves before the sun even rises. You're alone and you hate it.

You grab your phone and call your sister.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Dani."

"What's up, buttercup?"

"Can I stay with you for a few days?"

"Of course you can. Why though? What did she do to you?"

"She's just... distant. I'm having a bad week and I don't wanna be alone."

"Ok, cupcake. Do you want me to pick you up?"

"No, I'll drive. Thank you, Dani."

"I'll see you in a bit, buttercup."

"Bye, Dani."

You hang up your phone and sigh.

Danielle is your older sister, she's two years older than you and it took a lot of persuading to convince her to be ok with Kaylee dating you, since she's 4 years older than you. You were 17 when you got with Kaylee, she was 21. Now you're 19 and she's 23. It's been a great two years and you're so in love with her. She asked you to move in with her last year, and Danielle definitely wasn't too shoot about letting her little sister move out and move in with her best friend, but she can see how happy Kaylee makes you so she pushes her judgment aside.

You head back inside and up to your room, ignoring Kaylee as you walk into your closet. You grab a duffel bag and put some clothes into it that you need along with a couple pairs of shoes before walking out again. You put the bag on the end of the bed before grabbing your jacket and slipping it on.

"Where are you going?" Kaylee asks when you emerge from the bathroom with a few things, dumping them in your bag.

"I'm staying with Danielle for a while." You say, grabbing your sleeping pills from your bed side cabinet.

"Why?" Kaylee asks with a frown, setting her script down.

"Oh please, don't let me stop you." You snap and zip your bag up.