Chapter 11 - Historia

Happy Sunday! I'm back with chapter 11 of HMBaby. I have some surprises in store for this chapter... read on to find out. Some smut will ensue too 😂

This chapter is 5k words as a warning.

Song inspiration: I Promise You by Judith Owen. Listen to the chorus when Historia reunites with Levi. It fits. I love this song because it was Piper and Leo's song from the original Charmed 😍

When I awake, it's not my room at the orphanage where I find myself, but an endless field of bright red poppies.

My heart picks up and I run, run across that sea of red flowers in search of my knight.

Levi has to be here somewhere. This is the first time I have ventured back to the beautiful world with all the flowers since he left, and my heart can't take it. It's bursting with joy. "Levi!"

No one replies, but I don't lose hope. I keep running through the flowers, my eyes searching the land.

It really doesn't end. The poppies stretch from one end of the landscape to the other, and it truly is infinite. The sky is a bright azure blue, the sun a gleaming beacon of light as I squint my eyes.

I shield my hand over my face so I can see better, my breaths coming in gasps. My lungs heave as a stitch forms in my side, but I don't stop. I can't stop.

Any moment I could wake, and I will lose my one chance to see him again.

No, I won't let that happen. I will find him.

After what feels like hours, I pause to catch my breath, tears stinging my eyes. No... I can't be the only one here. He has to be here too.

Unless... he has already forgotten about me?

Just as the dour thought crosses my mind, a shape materialises on the horizon, tall and straight, like a man, and a sob steals from my throat. "L-Levi..."

Running forth again, I pick up my legs, ignoring the stabbing pain in my lungs. I won't miss my one chance.

It has to be him.

The shape looms into view, and that's when I finally see...

It's just a tree.

A stupid, random tree that only has one branch—odd.

That one branch, however, blooms with flowers of all kinds, pink, blue, yellow, and white, and I've never seen anything like it before.

No, wait. It's actually two trees twisted together to form one, and it's like they're entwined, sharing the same roots. They work in harmony together, and despite it's peculiarity, it's the most beautiful tree I have ever seen.

The trees form a hollow with their trunks, one almost shaped like a window, and inside that window, is a glowing light.

I step back. I've read enough faery stories growing up, and one of the lessons I learnt was to never trust anything out of the ordinary.

Yet the longer I gaze into the glowing light, I spy shapes, and then those shapes take form.

They materialise, and I see a woman. An aged woman of at least eighty years of age. Her hair is completely white, and her face wrinkled with time, but her eyes are a brilliant shade of blue as she walks with regal grace.

"Our iceburst stone reserves are almost depleted... Without our main export, there's no telling what the Allied Nations will decide from here on out. That one major resource was what saved our island from the rest of the world's hostility a fifty-eight years ago..."