Chapter 12 - Levi

AN: Warning. Wholesome chapter ahead. Prepare to feel all the feels...

Song inspired for this chapter: Fight For You by Jason Derulo. I heard this song the other day and it made me think of RivaHisu.

Well, I'm beat.

Historia made do on her promise and fucked me into oblivion in the end, and now we both lie on the poppies in a state of total bliss.

She nestles beside me, drooling on my right shoulder as she fell asleep, and I can't take my eyes off her.

I can't believe she's beside me once again, sleeping like a perfect, drooling angel. I could look at her all day, watching the way the sun reflects off the strands of her blonde hair, and it's like someone spun her hair from gold.

She's mine and no one else's. No other man will ever have her, and I'll be damned if I'll let some other guy put a baby in her belly.

The only babies she'll be carrying are mine. I don't care how her body will change, how her perfectly flat stomach will swell because she will be carrying my child.

It will be our baby, her body its safe temple from this cruel world.

How I want so badly to be the one to give her the child she desperately seeks, yet no doubt the MPs will try and find her a suitable sire, just so she can produce a number of babies for the next thirteen years per one of Kiyomi's requests, and I clench my right fist.

My balled-up hand rests against her beautiful face, looking so deadly beside her soft, sleeping expression, and I uncurl it once again, listening to the sound of her gentle breathing.

Her warm breath caresses my face, and I close my eyes, breathing in her sweet, saccharine scent. Like the smell of blossoms in spring, or the smell of wet earth after a soft rain.

I could get drunk on her scent.

I reach my left hand across, brushing aside a yellow strand from her eyes, and now I can fully appreciate her beauty.

She has her cheek pressed against my shoulder, puckering up her lips, and they look even fuller, juicer...

Gently, I brush a finger across her rose petal lips, the velvety texture sending my heart into a spasm. I want to kiss her again, but I don't want to rouse her either. Even though her drool pools on my shirt, I wouldn't dream of waking her.

I could stay this way for all eternity. Screw the outside world; it's only full of misery.

Yet, we have to go back. I have to help Hange. She may be commander, but she's struggling. I know she'd rather spend her days pouring over books, studying everything there is to know about titans.

I miss her fervour from the old days. It's been a while since she's rambled about titans, and she really was batshit crazy back then.

But not so much anymore. Now she's solemn and forlorn, and the role of commander has really taken its toll on her.

I have to go back. I can't leave the brats to defend the island for themselves. They need me, their captain.

Historia stirs when my calloused finger scrapes her bottom lip, and I stop, watching how she wrinkles her nose. The most endearing sound escapes her next as she babbles in her sleep, and I smile, yet only slightly.