Chapter 13 - Historia

AN: Happy Weekend, everybody! I hope you all enjoy this chapter update.

Sorry it's been a while, but I'm back with a new chapter. The last one was quite angsty.

Song inspired for this chapter: What I Did For Love by David Guetta and Emelie Sande.

Levi and I have tea in the Path. We found a small table with two chairs with a pot of steaming tea waiting for us, and that's where we now sit as we contemplate what we saw inside the tree.

I don't believe it. Levi and I will have a family one day, and the tears threaten to seep from my eyes.

Levi looks across at me, sipping his tea in that strange fashion I have come to love, and he, too, looks just as spellbound. There's a shine to his eyes, one I have never seen before.

After all, he saw our future kids. I saw them through his memories, and they were so beautiful. The little girl had my eyes and dark hair like Levi's, and she was so precious. The little boy was blond like me but with grey eyes, and they truly exhibited both of our genes.

Those two kids were part Ackerman, part Reiss, and I can't wait to meet them one day.

I just wish we knew their names.

We had a third child too who was still sleeping in bed, and older me looked furious as she went to wake her up.

She had been eleven after all, and kids are normally lazy at that age. I had been thirty and Levi late forties. So, if she was eleven and I was thirty, then that means... I will have her at nineteen.

One year from now. But pregnancies can be as long as ten months, so I would have been aged eighteen when I fell pregnant.

I'm eighteen now. I have been for a couple of months.

My heart thumps as the tea shakes upon my saucer, and Levi narrows his eyes. "What is it?"

I stop, sucking in a breath. "It's... nothing."

Silence again. It's not that I'm worried about doing what needs to be done to have a baby; I've done plenty of that with Levi already, but still... a baby.

Are we really ready to have a baby? Especially with everything being so uncertain right now? I always knew I wanted children with Levi one day, after we found peace with Marley.

If that day ever comes.

Do I really want to bring a child into this uncertain, bloodstained world? What made us justify the right to do that to a poor child? Especially after our talk back at the farm.

Also, what had changed Levi's mind? He had been so dead set on not having children, yet the man I saw in my memories of the future had been affectionate and loving towards his kids, albeit a little grumpy.

My heart swells at the imagery. He really had been a fantastic father, just like I predicted. And I'm glad Levi has seen what a wonderful father he will be too.

I worry my lip. Levi sighs, slamming his cup onto the tablet. "Historia?"

I blink. "It's... nothing. Really..."

He grinds his jaw. "No, it's not. Talk to me. What the hell's on your mind?"

Carefully, I peer into his enraged eyes, heart whacking against my chest. I swallow. "Our... oldest daughter had been eleven years of age."