Chapter 21 - Historia

A/N: I am so sorry for the lack of updates. I have been working on original stuff lately. Writing is my main form of income now, so I hardly get time to write fanfic these days.

I haven't forgotten this fic, but I will be honest: the inspiration just isn't there for canon anymore. I have many ideas for RivaHisu in general, just nothing for canon. I love AUs and I personally feel that's where I shine with this ship. My silly sense of humour just doesn't mesh with the canonverse really 🤣

I am trying to get inspired again though. I have been watching the anime back (just finishing season 2), and the dub for No Regrets helped big time! Matt nailed it and I loved Ryan and Kristen as Furlan and Isabel. They sounded exactly like I pictured them to sound in English and I just... still starstruck! I remember what I loved about this ship the most though. Levi was the bad boy and Hisu was the sheltered princess, and I just can't get enough of them.

Well, here goes.

After years of planning and execution, the railroad is finally complete. And there will be a party to celebrate the momentous occasion.

The railroad is the bridge that will connect our island to the rest of the world, and it all seems too good to be true.

I still have to hold onto hope, after all. I still believe we can turn everything around and that we can convince the world that we are not a threat. Maybe then I won't have to inherit Zeke Jaeger's titan.

We still have options.

So long as I fall pregnant pretty soon, it will delay the MPs turning me before Zeke and Eren can enact their plans. Plus, it will ensure that my children won't have to grow up and inherit the beast since they will already be titan by default via their Ackerman bloodline.

I just never realised how hard it was to get pregnant. I've tried everything that can help with my fertility, from carbs, spinach, and even oysters, and I hate seafood.

The Opening Ceremony is going to be a big affair indeed. Even bigger than my masquerade ball, and I can't wait.

It will be a military ball rather than a high society gathering after all, and everyone will be dressing up.

Levi will dress up too, and I snigger at the thought of him in a suit. He didn't look comfortable either when he wore the mask and cape at my masquerade.

There will be no masks this time. Everyone will come as they are, which is a relief because Yelena will be there.

I still don't trust that woman. I haven't been in a room with her since my state visit to the shore last spring, and we are now in the middle of June.

The weather is scorching, and I can just picture Levi's grouchy face as he hates the heat.

I'm on my way to Trost, accompanied by Hans, my bodyguard.

The Opening Ceremony is one week away, and already the city of Trost is celebrating on the streets. I hear The Reeves Company are going all out since they will be providing the food, and I can just see Flagel's excited, freckled face.

His dad would be proud.

The carriage rides up to HQ where I will be staying for my duration in Trost. Hange and the rest of the scouts will stay at the barracks, which is a shame...

I was really looking forward to sleeping under the same roof as my white knight again.

It's as if Darius is onto us.

It looks like we really have our work cut out indeed. Hange has it all planned out. We have specific times when we will meet, and the anticipation is killing me.