important a/n: please read

hi everyone!

i didn't want to have to do this, but it seems like the announcements on my message board aren't reaching my readers in the way i'd expected. i won't keep this chapter up forever, but just for a short while.

a lot of you have probably been here since i uploaded the first chapter of monaco, and for that, i am so grateful. it means a lot to me to know that people enjoy and appreciate my work! i put a lot of time and effort into my writing to ensure it's perfect for upload and your consumption. however, recently, i've taken a break from writing maranello, and that's mostly down to time restrictions, wanting to focus on other books, and a lack of motivation. i am so sorry about that, truly, but to keep on top of all my stories is difficult, especially when i desire perfection for you, my readers!

during the upload of the chapter before the recent of maranello, i received many of messages asking about the next chapter (so, the most recent). people were , and asking me when i would be uploading again, which i totally get, because i know how annoying it can be to have to wait for more of a story you like! after seeing how much people wanted to read more, i worked hard to get a chapter out as quickly as i could. but, the interaction on the recent chapter is really low. i ask for comments to hear what people think, so i know if the story caters to what they want to read and to just know if people enjoy it! it makes me smile when i open wattpad and have the opportunity to read all of your comments! but, over the recent chapters, there have been very few, even the number of votes! at the time of writing, i've got 10% of the amount of reads in votes. when you think about it, it's quite a small number, since it takes two seconds.

chapter 40 has 710 reads and 38 votes... that doesn't add up. i don't understand. i feel like i am complaining, but i'm just explaining how it's difficult to, as a writer, want to write something that it feels like people aren't actually enjoying, or producing something that people don't want to engage in. it's your story as much as it is mine!

i see other authors getting comments literally every paragraph, and i get ten or so for the whole chapter. these chapters take a long time to plan and write. i do this for free. it would be different if i got paid for the time i put into this, but i don't, and i do it because i enjoy it, but mostly because YOU enjoy it. it's the best feeling to know somebody enjoys my work, truly! i vibe off of it.
to me, 1 vote / 1 comment = £1. honestly! it feels great to see people engaging.

i'm sorry for the rant, but please take this into consideration when you're reading. both monaco and one have surpassed 100k reads - monaco is actually closer to 200k than 100k - and i can't get my head around such a number. i'd love for this story to reach the kind of number, too.

thank you for reading.
drama coming soon.
you don't want to miss it. trust me.