TWENTY EIGHT

* long chapter, full of drama. don't forget to comment throughout! enjoy... *

»»————««

CAMILLE

"You're so beautiful," Charles whispered against my cheek as he wrapped his arms around my waist. We'd arrived at Zandvoort particularly early today, because my parents were joining us from ten. We were locked in his private room, Charles focused on nothing else but me, as I sat in his lap. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I clasped my fingers around his wrist, smiling as he brushed his lips across my face, moving closer towards my lips. I was desperate to feel his kiss. I'd missed it, although we woke up early and spent some extra time in bed, simply appreciating one another. He looked smart in his red Ferrari polo shirt and black jeans, his hair swept backwards with gel keeping it in position.

Charles managed to steal Pole from Max for today's race. I couldn't wait to see how well they would do, although I really did want to see Max take P1. I knew how much it would mean to him to have a successful finish here in the Netherlands. It was difficult, supporting two different drivers who belonged to two different teams, especially when they were battling one another. Online, people had such a strange preconception of Max and Charles being total rivals and absolutely hating one another off track, which was far from the truth.

"My parents will be here soon, Charles," I muttered, pushing his shoulder gently whilst hoping it would force him away from my body. He had a tight schedule to stick to today and I could envision Mia or Andrea knocking on the door when he had other things on his mind. I couldn't let him lose focus. "We should head outside, Max said he would meet us outside of Red Bull."

"Tell him he can meet us outside of Ferrari, instead." Charles grumbled beneath his breath, his words causing a smirk to tug at the corners of my mouth. I shook my head and wriggled out of Charles' grip, slipping off of his lap and looking at him. I was so relieved that we were able to sort out our problems. For some time, I was terrified that we really would be over and the thought of living without Charles caused pain I'd never felt before. I wouldn't let that happen, no matter how much we argued, but ever since I found him on that bench down at the harbour, we were closer than ever. I loved him more now than ever before. Our conversations were more family-orientated, which made my heart swell, because I wanted nothing more than to finally fall pregnant. The more I thought about having a little baby, the more excited I became.

"Charles," I brushed myself off and ran my fingers through my hair. I wore a cute, white crop top and some light blue denim ripped jeans, white trainers on my feet and my hair straightened. I didn't want to go too overboard with my outfit, like any other day in the paddock and after shooting images over the last few days, I was rather exhausted. "Come on. We're going to Red Bull."

"Fine." Charles rolled his eyes as he stood up from the sofa in the corner of his room, reaching for his Ferrari cap and slipping it over his hair. He perched his sunglasses on the tip of his nose, reaching for my body so that he could pull me close with ease and close the gap between our lips. His kisses were so addictive, but I had to control myself and refuse the urge to get carried away. I couldn't wait to be reunited with my parents, so that was at the forefront of my mind right now.

With my fingers keeping my small bag close to my body and my pass hanging around my neck, Charles and I left his private room and slipped into the corridor of the motorhome, heading outside into the warm sunshine. The paddock was bustling as always, and I couldn't help but feel entirely grateful for the wonderful life and opportunities I'd been blessed with. I kept close to Charles, minding my own business as we headed towards Red Bull. Even though I was totally ecstatic about race weekend, here in the Netherlands, at Zandvoort, a track I'd watched Max drive lap after lap plenty times, I was terrified. Stefan was here. I'd not seen him all weekend, thankfully, but he never seemed to be lurking in the garage much unless it was Sunday. That didn't sit right with me, because I couldn't understand his reasoning behind it.