3 - A Surprising Agreement

Even though I was quite far away, I could still make out who that someone had been - it was Jisung

What was he even doing here this late after school? 

I just tried to ignore it, pretending he wasn't even there. But when I walked past him, he grabbed ahold of my wrist - forcing me to turn around and for our eyes to lock. 

We stayed in eye-contact for the second time today, however, this time, it felt a little different. His pupils seemed to be filled with anger along with some form of anxiety.

Without thinking, I removed my wrist from his grasp. He was shocked due to the sudden movement but he tried not to show it. 

"What the hell was that for?" I asked. 

"To stop you from leaving, what else?" Jisung stated. 

"Alright, but why? We're not even friends." I say back. 

"What if I wanted us to be?" Jisung said cheerfully, completely changing his expression from before. 

"Does it look like I do? I'm leaving, ciao," I uttered before leaving yet again. 

"No! Come back, I really wanna be friends with you!" Jisung shouted as I was leaving. 

But what surprised me was that he ran after me. Does he not get the message? Is he really that oblivious? 

I need to stay away from him if I don't want to cause myself any trouble.

He started chasing after me. On second thought, maybe I should give it a shot. He looked quite desperate so say the least. Besides, this was a great excuse for not doing my homework. 

By the time Jisung caught up to me, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. An unfamiliar feeling had engulfed me. 

"You. Me. Movies. Now." he declared. 

I mean, sure, I've got nothing better do to." I say back. 

---

I look up at the sky and notice that the sun is starting to set, I put my gaze towards my watch and see that it's 7:15 p

I look up at the sky and notice that the sun is starting to set, I put my gaze towards my watch and see that it's 7:15 p.m. I've been waiting for more than three hours. What the hell is he doing, why was he taking so long, and why do I have a feeling of worrisome? 

Finally, about five minutes later, he walks out of the school and is heading towards the gate. At that moment, we exchanged glances - even so, he immediately looked away and walked past me. 

In the spur of the moment, I latched onto his wrist - tightening my grip so that he couldn't escape. We locked our eyes again and I tried to look as intimidating as possible, but I could tell that he saw right through me. 

He suddenly let go, startling me. During our conversation, I got the slight hint that he hates my guts and I'm oddly hurt at the thought of that. It's probably because he barely knows me. 

A few minutes into the interaction, he started to leave - by now, I was panicking. 

I started to run after him. I promised myself that I would do anything in my power to prove the others wrong and to possibly gain another friendship and perhaps even more.

I caught up to him and had the sudden confidence to put my arm around his shoulder. He had some unreadable expression towards my action, but later eased a bit. 

Now, I need to come up with a plan on the spot - I really didn't think this through. There were a million things we could do; we could go to an amusement park, take a stroll at the mall, enjoy some coffee at a nearby café. But I stuck with the safest bet - the cinema. Nothing too crazy, but something that'll still be fun for the both of us to do. 

I proposed the idea, nervous about his response. But to my surprise, he said exactly what I wanted to hear. 

--- 

Hello to our fellow Minsung enthusiasts! Sorry we took long to write this; but we hope you enjoy! Love you lots; drink enough water, make sure you eat well and do something that makes you happy :)

- P and R

<3