Tatooine

You decided to return as I predicted you would and within the projected time."

"I brought something back. Know what it is?"

"A redundant question as a more appropriate word would be who, and I do. That is a 2V-R series droid. It looks as if it is only lost power. It can pilot the ship so I do not have to. My programming is lacking is such department."

"Looks we have a few hours or would you recommend a full power cell replacement?"

"Replacement would be faster buy seventeen minutes."

"Let me guess it is welded into the frame."

"Correct, however, you can cycle the chemical components as the cells recharge cutting the four hours charge cycle by ten minutes though it will degrade the power cell charge level by seventeen percent."

"Fine hook it up and then help me load up the remaining supplies."

"As soon as the ship is properly fueled. Oh that I did not add to our time which will take five hours."

"Now you tell me after I decided."

"I am not perfect."

"You are a droid you should be."

"Correction, I was programmed by beings like yourself equally flawed."

"Hurry up with what you have to do. I'll make sure to let you carry the food crates."

"Is that a pun on your nickname you have for me?"

"Oh I would never joke about your name, Food." The door closed cutting off any response but I swear the droid was glaring at me every time we passed each other. The holds were soon packed with parts and consumable supplies. The quarters empty of crew held more supplies that could be useful. Lastly I unpacked many of the outfits that I had made to fit me.

My custom synthweave body armor protected against projectiles and as could be used in place of a space suit, hung from the frame made to store it. I could add plates similar to other armor, but it would sacrifice mobility I could not afford to lose. I looked it over thinking I should wear it, but we were not in space yet. I could feel the hum of the ship as its systems came online which told me I should get to the cockpit so I can learn how to fly her. The ship felt like a her more than a him. Strange that I would feel that way about a machine. As I got to the bridge I noticed Zerdy and the 2V droid in the forward seats.

"I would take a seat. No telling how this ship will react no matter how much maintenance was performed by the two of us."

"I am sure the Ebon Hawk is yearning to return to the galaxy."

"Are you my new master?"

"Yes." I replied hearing a female voice coming from the gray colored droid.

"How splendid I am 2V-R9, a seneschal protocol droid. I believe we are going to work well together."

"How did you get your head trapped under a door?"

"Oh my that was embarrassing. Please don't remind me."

"Well?"

"Right, so the simple answer is that I tripped." I would have giggled had she not said it so flatly, and I was suddenly distracted as the main door opened to the tunnel that was going to allow the ship to leave. I felt the ship rise and then nothing as it began to move through the tunnel.

"Zerdy did you happen to check to make sure the tunnel was clear?"

"You wait until we are moving down the tunnel to ask me such a question."