The bet

Replacing the part had been done just as good as if she had been done it herself. She still had a lot to learn, but swapping parts out was almost subconscious. The droid was on the work bench and it had complained nonstop until she powered the machine down. Arnine was doing some long over due maintenance in another part of the ship. Zerdy watched her intently as she worked, but she had long learned to ignore him unless he commented.

I had to smile as I noticed how the two droid had been arguing. If they were not machines which at times I felt like they were not I would have thought they were having a lover's spat. I giggled thinking this and glanced back at him.

"Something funny?" I let my grin drop as I looked back at him.

"Well there was something your girlfriend told me."

Girlfriend I do not have a girlfriend, and I know you are not talking about yourself. How psychotically disturbed such a thought raises." That killed most of her amusement but she might as well finish.

"Arnine was telling me how delicious you are to her. She loves how your name is even Food." His reaction would have been so much better if his eyes could grow with his surprise. I laughed as Arnine walked into the hold.

"I have a list of parts that we maybe needing. Seeing that the junk dealer you visited had the correct part he may have others that will work with this ancient ship." I laughed even harder as Zerdy stormed out of the hold.

"What has gotten his bolts in a twist?"

"Oh I told him you have the hots for him."

"I never, well okay I do, but he is just so stubborn." I turned back to Teefive until he was put back together. He came on after doing several checks and the blaster I had integrated in his top popped out as well as the little shield disk forming in front of him. He whistled what I assumed was well I still had no idea.

"He says he is feeling so much better and safer. Also he feels stronger that he can now defend his new master."

"Good now I know Zerdy will never fight as his frame is too delicate to handle a direct hit, but you survived a door slamming down on your head."

"I lack more in depth programming of a combat droid, but I will not miss with a blaster in short range. I prefer using a staff if one is available for my use."

"Pick one and grab the hover sled. If the amount of your parts requires it." After I cleaning up we visited several shops. The pouch full of this planets credits was reduced a bit. I got a pass to see the Pod race tomorrow and saw the line up of who was racing. Sebulba was the favorite and I didn't like how the Dug felt in the Force yesterday remembering the boy using the word Sebulba. Ben Quadinaros was favored as well as Boles Roor and Ody Mandrell. Not one of them felt right in the Force and of the list of racers that had yet to register one or two felt good. Though there was a list of previous racers and I was nearly surprised to see the boy listed.

"I wonder if he is going to race?" I didn't feel anything, but if he raced the Force surged a bit as I thought this.

"Are you going to bet on any of the racer?"

"No, Arnine."

"The racer, Sebulba, has a record that is most impressive."

"I said no. This pod race is too chaotic to risk any credits on. Come we have more shopping." By the time we had made it to the shop the hover sled was getting full. I stopped short as I heard voices. It was Watto and the tall human.

"...but what would the boy ride? He smashed up my pod in the last race. It will take some time to fix it."

"Aah, it wasn't my fault really. Sebulba flashed me with his vent ports. I actually saved the Pod, mostly." I held back a giggle.