How the Temple Feels

"Oh don't thank me. Come let us talk for a while." He guided me off the mat as another initiate was called forward.

"About?" I asked as we got to the edge and closer to the other two masters.

"Qui Gon has told me about you and now that I have had a chance to see you in action, I have to agree that you are a breath of fresh air."  Yan Dooku complimented her.

"Does she not shine in the Force. I know I have not seen anything yet of her future, but thinking of her and the other one you brought has given me a restful night for once." Sifo Dyas stated.

"We better not bore this young one with old dusty prophesies shall we." Yan said as a warning to Qui Gon.

"Masters, may I join you?"

"Obi Wan you know that you do not have to ask." Qui Gon replied.

"Thank you, but I feel I have to as I would like to ask this young Initiate a question." Obi Wan remarked as he focused his attention a bit mor on Jenica Lour.

"That is completely up to her." Qui Gon declared.

"What is it?" I asked knowing exactly what he wanted to ask me, but I was not sure if it would be the right thing to do.

"Would you do me the honor of becoming my padawan?" Master Qui Gon gasped. Master Sifo Dyas nearly giggled and Master Dooku scowled. I had a good idea that he was going to ask me himself from the way he felt. I also felt someone else suddenly being less hopeful as they must have heard this as well.

"I will consider your offer and any other offers and will meditate with the Force on my answer."

"Any other offers?"  I pulled him around as Obi Wan notices Siri and he tried as best as he could to not blush.

"I feel Master Dooku and the female Jedi over there wanted to offer as well." They all look toward Siri Tachi as she holds up her hands in surrender. Then we moved back to Master Dooku.

"I do really want you as my padawan, but I am gaining in years faster than I want. I do not think that I could keep you engaged as much as you will need. Though I will be happy to give you instruction in the finer points of dueling. If my time with the Council of Reassignment permits."

"You turned down a position on the High Council, Yan?"

"Qui Gon that is a discussion for later."

"Understood master."

"We should be moving on. I believe Knight Kenobi will want a bit more time to sway young Lour." The masters bowed to us and I bowed back. Before giving Obi Wan my scornful eye until he gave me a look of stubborn calm.

"Shall we get something to eat together?"

"As long as it is not a date." His calm cracked as a bit shock flashed over his face.

"Jenica you are half my age." I giggled.

"Okay, but do you know of anywhere other than the cafeteria?"

"I believe I do, but I am not sure I should take you there."

"Well, it would go a long way in swaying my decision to be your Padawan."

"Are you asking to be persuaded through food?"

"Depends on how good this places food is?" I tease as I inquire for more information.

"Oh, the best, but it can slow you down if you go too often." He revealed.

"Nerf burgers and sticks?" I asked.