Banite Sith

"I am afraid to." Such a slip of the tongue and such a truth to be revealed. I saw him take a step shattering the trust he had been building. It was to fight or flee and my only refuge was now revealed. Fighting would be easy surviving would be hard. Too hard, but holding the impasse they now shared impossible, yet, here they were staring each other down. Was I truly afraid? No, I was not, but the Force was warning me. I feared what the Force was hinting at and all this in a fraction of a second before I jumped.

Obi Wan jumped as well, but as we landed the smoking remains of a black probe droid fell to the landing bay floor. My lightsabers blazing in my hands, bronze gold and cobalt silver to his pure blue. I moved slowly to put the two hilts together and twisted them into a staff before turning them to the U shape I stored them in as he watched.

"That was impressive and such interesting blade colors." I deactivated them and pulled them under my cloak.

"Later, you have bigger issues. I felt that droid was very interested in you." I brought my wrist to my face.

"Zerdy get Arnine to fire up the Hawk. We need to get to the main hanger."

"I can't let you leave."

"That is why you are coming with."

"I think you have that backwards." I giggled just before I jumped on top of the ship and he followed with his blade still activated as the hatch opened, I stepped through. He had no choice but to follow and I was half way to the cockpit by the time he jumped through. I felt the ship rise just before the inertia dampener kicked in. He caught up as I sat down behind the pilot's seat.

"You need to surrender your blades."

"Sit down before you cut something that will make us crash." He sighed as his blade extinguished as he sat down.

"How can you be so sure I would not have killed you?"

"I wasn't, but you're a Jedi and the Force told me."

"Where are we going mistress?"

"Obi Wan?"

"Right, you need to go..." He guided the two droids to where the hanger was. As we set down Qui Gon was just finishing with Watto. The Toydarian looked more than pissed as he flew out of the back.

"Keep the ship ready we lift off as soon as the parts are loaded."

"Yes, Master."

"After you or after me?" As I asked not giving him the chance as I headed for the ramp. He scrambled after me as I felt his confusion. The ramp dropped to a very curious Master Jedi.

"I said observe and report."

"What can I say master. I decided to bring a life form, and this one is useful?" Qui Gon scowled and I knew it was an inside joke, but it did not feel funny at all as I felt the tension pass between the two.

"You got cargo and I am doing this for free. I don't have time for you to have a family argument. Plus the owner of that droid is not going to wait around."

Up on the mesa Darth Maul growled as one of his droids winked out. He brought up its last transmission and saw one of his targets, Obi Wan Kenobi facing off against another figure in a landing bay. When they suddenly jumped to the roof the droid stopped transmitting. He moved it back to the last frame to see a red blade. A blade that Kenobi did not have and was too far away to cut the droid in half. He checked his other droids and growled before heading to his speeder.

"Everything is loaded up. Start getting the hyperdrive generator installed. I'm going back, some unfinished business. I won't be long."

"Why do I sense we've picked up another..." I hit Obi Wan in the gut. He glared back at me.