Chapter 7: Let the Tournament Begin

I'm going to change my writing style a bit to make it a bit more descriptive. Also just got the Itachi Novel, so got some new ideas for Shinsei in the future. Alright into the chapter.

A full month has passed and it's the day of the tournament. Shinsei and Sasuke have been training tirelessly, and it is the day of the exam. We can see them currently on their way there along with Kakashi.

Sasuke: "Kakashi-sensei, are you sure we can make it in time?" Sasuke asked with his usual stoic face.

Kakashi turned his head towards Sasuke.

Kakashi: "You will make it just in time for your match, same goes for you Shinsei." Kakashi said with his usual casual attitude.

Shinsei: "Kakashi-sensei, if you and Sasuke don't mind I would rather go ahead on my own. If one of us don't make it then we will both be disqualified." Shinsei stated.

Kakashi: "I guess you're right, I'll stick with Sasuke then." Kakashi replied.

Shinsei giving a nod of approval speeds up and zips towards the village at high speed. His surroundings becoming more and more of a blur as he jumps between the trees. A few minutes later the village appears on the horizon. He leaps through the gates and rushes in between the buildings of the village. The arena finally coming into Shinsei's view, and just in the nick of time as well.

???: "Our next match, Shinsei Uchiha vs. Dosu Kinuta."

Dosu stood prepared to face his opponent

Dosu: 'Lord Orochimaru wanted me to keep an eye on this kid as well, but if he plans to take Sasuke for himself, what does he plan to do with this one. It doesn't matter anyway, the kid is a no show.'

Suddenly Shinsei appeared in the center of the arena. The wind blew past, and a noticeable difference could be seen, although it wasn't a visual one. Shinsei's presence felt different, the way he carried himself oozed confidence. He turned to face his opponent with a glare that could kill.

Genma: "Well since he arrived in time Shinsei won't be disqualified and we can begin the match. You two may begin whenever you are ready."

With that Genma (the proctor) leapt away from the two. There was a deathly silence, both waiting for the other to make the first move. Shinsei stood, his arms crossed and face still holding that deathly glare, then his eyes started turning red, and the three tomoe of his Sharingan appeared.

Dosu started a mad dash towards Shinsei, hoping to finish the battle in a single blow. Once he's within arms reach of Shinsei he swings his arm towards Shinsei's side, but just as he is about to make contact Shinsei vanishes. Dosu begins frantically looking around for Shinsei, when suddenly he feels his legs fall out from beneath him. He turns his head to see Shinsei having just swept his legs. Before Dosu could react however, Shinsei drove a fist into his gut, knocking the air out of his lungs. As Dosu struggled to catch his breath Shinsei threw up a single hand sign. From underneath his cloak a stream of sand appeared, floating directly in front of Shinsei. He then threw his hand forward as multiple projectiles flew towards Dosu. Dosu rolled to the side springing to his feet, and began avoiding the sandy projectiles to the best of his abilities. As Dosu was dodging he began making his way towards Shinsei. Shinsei ended his volley of sand and prepared himself for whatever Dosu had planned. Dosu once again charged at Shinsei and swung his arm, sending a sound attack towards Shinsei.

Dosu: 'He may be fast but there is no way he can dodge this.'

Shinsei however was prepared, with his Sharingan having already been activated since the beginning of the fight he saw the flow of chakra coming from Dosu's arms. As the attack was about to his Shinsei he teleported right in front of Dosu and sent a heavy kick to his gut. Shinsei prepared his final attack. Drawing his tantō from its sheath he focused and split himself into four clones. The four Shinseis ran their hands against their blades coating them in flames and sped towards Dosu. Before the sound ninja could react multiple flaming slashes were flying towards him, having no time to dodge Dosu put his arms up into a guard to best protect himself. What Dosu didn't realize was that Shinsei was preparing his final assault. As the fire began to die down Dosu felt sudden pain in his back as he was launched into the air, he then felt a kick, then another, and another. He was now flying almost fifty feet in the air, opening his eyes he saw Shinsei dropping down onto him. Shinsei drove both of his feet into Dosu stomach, causing the sound ninja to rocket towards the ground at high speeds and crash with a large boom. As the dust cleared Shinsei stood on the ground unscathed and Dosu was unconscious in a small crater.

End Music

Genma: "And the winner is Shinsei Uchiha."

The crowd began to cheer for Shinsei's victory, however Shinsei completely tuned them out. He turned his head towards the Third Hokage and gave a slight smirk before walking off the battle grounds.