Shippuden Chapter 2: Critical Mission Part 1

Hey guys I know it's been..... a few months, jeez I'm behind. I wanted this chapter to be perfect and this was all completely original stuff. I'm going to have to break it into two chapters since I still haven't finished, but I'm almost done and wanted to give you guys this. Once I complete this little arc things should speed up again. Sorry for the wait, but without further ado lets begin.

It was a cloudy night within the Land of Sound, a single shadow leaps between the trees. The shadow stands atop a tree, looking down at a small walled-off encampment. The clouds part, revealing the full moon and the visage of Shinsei Uchiha.

Flashback

"Shinsei, I have a mission for you. There is a group of insurgents within my ranks. I need you to eliminate them before they attempt anything. All the details are inscribed on this scroll."

Reaching over to the table at his bedside, he begins coughing furiously into his hand. He quickly grabs a cup and swills down the liquid inside. Replacing the cup, Orochimaru picks up the scroll handing it to Shinsei.

"I have faith you will be able to accomplish this mission with little resistance."

With a simple nod of his head, Shinsei leaves to begin his mission.

End of flashback

Shinsei's eyes filled with chakra as the Sharingan activated, allowing him to get a better look.

'The walls are giving off slight amounts of chakra. They are most likely the result of an Earth-style jutsu. There are about 29 targets spread throughout...'

Shinsei's thoughts are cut off when he senses a spike in chakra nearby. Swiftly jumping down from his perch, a multitude of stone spears pierce the tree. Looking to his right, he spots two chakras, one of which was heading back to the encampment. Shinsei's face grew an expression of frustration; he would now have to deal with all of the shinobi at once. Readying himself for the battle ahead, Shinsei charges towards his first enemy. Cutting through the underbrush the target came into view. The man leapt back, trying to weave the hand signs for another Earth-style jutsu. However, he wouldn't get the chance, as a blade coursing with lightning slices clean through his neck. The shinobi's blood painting the once green grass a dark crimson. Flicking the blood off his tantō, Shinsei activates the Body Flicker and takes off towards the enemy base.

TIME SKIP

Shinsei looked down from his platform of sand, seeing them all activating their curse marks. Stepping off the platform, he begins to enter a free fall. "Fire Style: Great Fire Destruction." Weaving the numerous hand signs, Shinsei spews out a sea of flames that quickly fills the walled-off area. As he prepared to land, a figure leaped from the inferno throwing forth a chakra-enhanced punch. As the fist made contact with Shinsei's head, he vanished in a puff of smoke with a log taking his place. Standing atop the rocky walls of the encampment, Shinsei could hear screams cutting through the night air. Charred corpses littered the ground, and the smell of burning flesh filled the air with a metallic scent. From the blaze, four more figures appeared, each having their Curse Mark Stage Two active. Shinsei's eyes begin to spin and morph as he prepares for the oncoming battle.