Chapter 10: Truths

Rained poured down on the village as the people of the Leaf gathered for the funeral of the Third Hokage, the rain hiding the tears of those who mourned. Shinsei stood under the cover of a tree, trying to come to terms with what had occurred. With everything happening at once, everything truly hadn't sunk in yet. His home village had attacked the Leaf, and the only person with information about Shisui was dead. Shinsei felt lost and confused, so with nothing left to do he decided to head home and rest. As he was walking he could feel the eyes of the villagers on him, they didn't see a ninja who had fought to protect the village, they saw someone from the same village who had taken loved ones from them. Ignoring the stares he arrived at his little home that had been provided to him by the Third Hokage.

TIME SKIP

Shinsei had been invited to lunch with Kakashi and Sasuke, so seeing he had nothing else to do Shinsei complied. Arriving at the Dango shop he saw Sasuke and Kakashi already there, but as soon as Shinsei sits down Kakashi says he has to cancel early.

'That's strange, I'm last to arrive and as soon as I do Kakashi leaves. Somethings wrong here.' Shinsei pondered.

"So Shinsei, I haven't seen you in a few days. Are you doing okay, can't have you doing something stupid." Sasuke asked as jokingly as he could, which wasn't very.

"I'm fine Sasuke, I just feel a little lost on my path at the moment. I'll be fine with some time don't worry about me." Shinsei replied with a fake smile on his face. Sasuke decided not to pry any further as the two decided too continue their day.

"I was thinking of checking on Kakashi-sensei, his sudden disappearance doesn't sit well with me." Sasuke spoke with the slightest amount of confusion in his voice.

Shinsei simply nodded his head and response and the two soared across the rooftops of the village. Eventually landing in front of Kakashi's abode Sasuke opened the door, things only getting stranger. Inside of the room Kakashi laid in his bed, with Kurenai, Guy, and Asuma in the room with him.

Before Shinsei could speak Sasuke beat him to the punch. "Why is Kakashi asleep, and why is this room full of Jonin? What are you doing? What the hell is going on here?" His voice growing more agitated as he spoke.

"Uh, not much, really." Guy said in reply, although both Uchiha could tell that he was hiding something from them.

Suddenly another ninja entered the room yelling out, "Hey, is it true that Itachi has returned?!"

The two Uchiha's eyes widen, this was their chance. The world seemingly faded as they sprinted out the door, pushing past the ninja. Leaping over the rooftops they made their way to Naruto's abode. Shinsei was completely lost in thought, 'Naruto, why is he after Naruto? What the hell is going on?'

The Uchiha landed at Naruto's front door, Sasuke immediately opening it, finding Sakura on the other side. Shinsei still in his own thoughts waiting for Sasuke to finish his conversation. Sasuke turned and jumped from the building tracking down Naruto. Shinsei turning and following closely behind, letting Sasuke do the tracking so he could gather his thoughts.

'It doesn't matter why he's after Naruto, if I can find him I can get my answers. I have to find him, I have to find Itachi Uchiha!'

TIME SKIP

After checking Ichiraku Ramen Shinsei and Sasuke learned that Naruto had left the village with the Sannin Jiraiya. The duo leaving the village to track them down, both becoming a blur as they ran through the forest.

'He has the same look as Gaara right now, he intends to kill him. I have to get there first if I intend to get my answers.' Shinsei thought to himself, preparing to go full speed.

"Sorry Sasuke." Shinsei uttered, before Sasuke could respond Shinsei was already long gone. The Body Flicker was extremely handy, he could increase his speed many time over, easily allowing him to expedite travel time. Finally reaching the town Shinsei began searching multiple hotels trying to find Naruto. As he continues his search he notices two men wearing black cloaks, decorated with red clouds. One was about a head taller, his skin was blue and he had something wrapped in bandages strapped to his back. The other man matched the description of Itachi: long black hair tied back into a ponytail, a fair complexion, and black eye's that could pierce right through you. Shinsei immediately turned towards them and began following them. The two entered one of the few hotels Shinsei hadn't checked heading up the stairs, Shinsei tailing them carefully. Each moment was filled with pain staking silence, eventually that silence was shattered.

"You can come out now." Itachi declared, not even turning his head.

Kisame looked around wondering what his partner was going on about. Until he turned around seeing Shinsei, a smile growing on his face.

"Impressive, you actually were able to conceal yourself well enough to not be detected. But you had to have a reason to sneak up on the two of us." Kisame questioned, the smile never leaving his face.

Shinsei mustering up the courage to speak in front of these two intimidating figures asked the question that he had since the death of his mother.

"Itachi Uchiha, you are the only one who can answer me. What happened to Shisui Uchiha, my father?" Shinsei asked.

"You're father? He's dead, I killed him, I killed Shisui Uchiha." Itachi stated, without a ounce of remorse in his voice.

Shinsei felt a wave of dread begin to crawl over him. Itachi had to be lying, is what he kept telling himself. Shinsei began to break down, however he stared Itachi dead in the eyes with his Sharingan active.

"You're lying, y-you have to be lying!" Shinsei yelled out, his voice beginning to waver.

Itachi decided to put the final nail in the coffin, from under his cloak he threw out an item wrapped in cloth. As it clattered to the floor the wrapping became undone. Shinsei took a step forward, then fell to his knees. A well of emotions began fill him as he stared at the item in front of him.

To be continued