Shippuden Chapter 4: Memories

Sasuke walks down the barren halls of the hideout, his footsteps echoing down the many corridors. Eventually he reaches a sealed door, the smell of smoke emanating from beyond it. Sliding the door open he sees Shinsei standing in the center of the room, the wall in front of him back with scorch marks. Sasuke clears his throat drawing Shinsei's attention.

"Is something wrong Sasuke?" He asked with a quizzical look. Sasuke beckoned Shinsei closer as he began walking back into the hallways. Picking up his pace Shinsei walked alongside his rival as Sasuke began to speak.

"The plan is finally in motion, it's time to begin. Gather your things and meet me outside the hideout, I have something I need to take care of first." Shinsei gave a quick nod as he turned into another hall and disappeared into the maze.

TIME SKIP

Shinsei fastened the last pieces of gear he was going to need, as he double checked his mental list. He had everything he would need for the journey ahead; his tanto, shuriken, smoke bombs, kunai, wire strings, and a whetstone. Taking a breath he activates his Body Flicker as the world becomes a blur as he navigates to the entrance stopping in front of the doorway. The fresh air being a nice change from the seclusion of the hideout. Taking a seat in the grass Shinsei awaits for his companion's return. His thoughts begin to wander, eventually landing on the day that changed everything.

It was a day like any other, Shinsei awoke to the smell of breakfast coming from downstairs. Quickly rushing towards the kitchen, he sees his mother Mazuma making breakfast. Hearing the sound of her son's footsteps she turns and greets him with a warm smile. The memories begins to quickly move forward to the evening of the same day. Shinsei opens the door, as his mother tells him dinner will be ready soon and he needs to wash up. Yelling out an okay he races upstairs and begins cleaning himself. As the boy is about to leave the bathroom he hears a crash. The memory begins to darken as Shinsei rushes downstairs. Turning the corner he sees his mother sprawled on the floor, blood pooling from her mouth. Dropping down beside her he begins to try to shake her awake, as he became more frantic. Yelling out for anyone to come and help.

Shinsei is jolted from the memories as Sasuke exits with another person in tow. Standing to his feet he recognized the other person. He was one of the many people Orochimaru had experimented on during these past two years, his name being Suigetsu Hozuki.

 He was one of the many people Orochimaru had experimented on during these past two years, his name being Suigetsu Hozuki

He could hear Suigetsu grumbling from afar as he approached the two.

"So what's the plan now?" Shinsei asked.

"I need to take Suigetsu somewhere first. For now I need you to head to the Southern Hideout and recruit Karin, and while you're there release the prisoners as well. Once you've done that meet us at the Northern Hideout." Sasuke replied, as he began walking away.

With a simple nod Shinsei disappeared from view, beginning his journey south.

Been a while, huh. College tends to take up a lot of time. Also might have been procrastinating a little bit cause I want to write more stuff from later in the show, ie. the Kage Summit and Fourth Great Ninja War. However, patience and we will get there. Also 18k reads at this point, I didn't expect this little book to grow like it did but thank you all. Hopefully I don't take forever writing these out from now on, I'm just going to shoot bare minimum at least 500 words a chapter, 1000 if I can so I'm not getting bogged down. Thank you for listening to my rambling and I'll see you all next chapter.