Chapter 9: Konoha Crush Finale

Kankuro continued lugging the semi-unconscious Gaara through the forest. Suddenly multiple shuriken flew at Kankuro from two different directions. He began bounding between branches dodging the onslaught. Suddenly stopping as Shinsei and Sasuke stood directly in front of him. The three ninja were somewhat exhausted, as they all were panting trying to fill their lungs with oxygen. Kankuro began speaking, however Shinsei tuned him out. He was completely on edge, waiting for Kankuro to make a move. He heard someone coming from above, and just as he predicted through the canopy dropped Temari. Shinsei's focus still on Gaara, he waited for the opposition to make a move. Kankuro set Gaara's body down and pulled his puppet from his back. Temari grabbing Gaara and continuing their retreat. Shinsei entered his fighting stance ready for anything Kankuro would throw at him. Before Kankuro could attack the Uchiha, Shino landed near the group. He then explained how he found them using his beetles and that he would battle Kankuro.

"I don't really care what you do, my priority is making sure Gaara doesn't cause havoc." Shinsei stated, his head pointed in the direction of Temari and Gaara.

As soon as those words left his mouth Shinsei continued his hunt for the two Sand Siblings, with Sasuke right behind him. After more traversal through the forest, Gaara was in their sights. He stood his breathing labored as he waited for the pair. As the three ninja stared off the atmosphere grew heavier and heavier, the tension was so thick you could cut it.

"I don't know what you all have planned, but we're putting an end to it." Shinsei declared with determination.

Gaara continued to stare in silence, then a crack appeared on his skin.

"Besides I'm dying to see what you really are." Sasuke added on.

Suddenly Gaara began to clutch his head as he more cracks began to appear he began groaning seemingly in pain.

"No Gaara, remember our mission!" Temari cried out to her younger brother, however it was in vain.

"We're so alike you two and I. I don't have friends as you two have, but that's not what makes you strong. It's purpose, that's what gives you strength. Through that we are alike. But mine is the stronger purpose. For only by destroying you and all you represent can I even prove that I exist. Only by killing you both can I know what life is. You... you are my..." Gaara monologued, when he fell to his knees crying out in pain as the cracks grew larger and sand began to fall from them. His body began to morph sand growing around him. "You are my prey! My prey!" Gaara screamed out his head thrashing about.

Gaara had begun showing the monster within. His right arm was covered in sand in the shape of a large arms, with claws. Running along the sand were blue lines, leading back to his gourd where a single tail had sprouted. Half his face was covered fangs growing out of his mouth, his right eye had black sclera with a yellow pupil, containing four dots surrounding a four pointed star. The three ninja were horrified by this transformation, each somewhat shaking in fear.

Gaara leaped towards them his arm extending to attack. Both Sasuke and Shinsei leap out of the way as the attack pierces straight through the tree. Shinsei hides himself behind the trunk of another tree trying to catch his breath, as his mind races.

'Damn it, we were to late. I don't know if we can beat him like this, let alone if he completely transforms. If I can land one decisive blow..' Shinsei's thoughts were interrupted by Gaara yelling out into the forest, "Stop hiding Uchiha, what are you shocked by my true form!"

Shinsei peaked around the tree and saw Sasuke's clone disappear after Gaara returned the kunai thrown at him back at Sasuke. Seeing his opportunity Shinsei activated his Sharingan and began weaving hand signs. Jumping from his cover his handed covered in lightning, Shinsei flew at Gaara. Alerted by the sound of thousands of birds chirping, recognizing that sound Gaara turned around to see Shinsei with a Chidori in his left hand. Raising his arm the Chidori was completely nullified by the sand. Shinsei was in shock that his newest technique was stopped. Immediately pulling back he tried to get away, but was too slow and Gaara's sand arm struck him square in the torso. Shinsei flew straight into a tree his Sharingan deactivating as a spurt of blood left his mouth. The combination of the damage he had sustained, and the near exhaustion of his chakra, the world grew blurry as Shinsei faded in and out of consciousness. A few seconds later his consciousness slipped and he passed out. Piercing through the darkness he could hear the muffled sound of battle, and a scream of pain. Cracking open his eyes he could see Gaara completely transformed and Naruto standing on the back of a giant toad. Shakily he stood up, steeling his resolve.

'I'm almost completely out of chakra, but I can't just stand by and watch them die. Naruto and Sasuke are fighting their hardest, so I will too!'

Thrusting both his hands forward his sand merging with Gaara's, Shinsei tried to stop him from killing Sakura. There was only so much Shinsei could do however, Gaara had always been more skilled with Magnet Release. Now with Shikaku boosting his abilities Shinsei could only slow the process, and even that was requiring everything he had in him.

'Naruto you better hurry, I don't know how long I can keep this up for.' Shinsei thought, struggling to stop Gaara's sand. He kept it going for what felt like hours until Gaara's sand fell apart. Lowering his arms Shinsei smiled knowing he at least did something before he passed out from exhaustion.