Chapter 3

TIME SKIP

Shinsei: 'I've been doing missions for the Hokage for a while now, he has slowly been revealing to me what happened to my clan. Apparently, they were massacred by a rouge ninja, I still wonder who could achieve such a thing. From what I could gather the Uchiha were incredibly powerful. During my time in the village I have come to take a liking to this place. When I found out that there was another Uchiha by the name of Sasuke Uchiha, I immediately decided to become acquainted with him. Everyone else seemed to take a liking to me, and I have opened up to them a few times. However, I'm still trying to keep myself distant with them, I don't need them holding me back.'

These thoughts clouded Shinsei's mind as he made his way through the building towards the Hokage's office. As he walked in Hiruzen turned towards him.

Hiruzen: "Ah Shinsei, welcome back. I take it the mission went well?"

Shinsei: "Yessir."

Hiruzen: "Good, your next assignment... is to participate in the Chunnin exams."

Shinsei: "But sir I don't have a squad, how will I participate?"

Hiruzen: "Thanks to the missions you have been doing I have an idea of how skilled you are, and I believe that you can go as a solo squad. It will be difficult, but I believe you can do it."

Shinsei: "But si-"

Hiruzen: "If you become a Chunnin, then I will tell you everything you want to know."

Shinsei's faced immediately turned from one of confusion to one of seriousness.

Shinsei: "All right, I accept these terms."

Hiruzen: "Good, here is a form. The exam is in two days, so prepare yourself."

Shinsei: "Thank you sir, I won't let you down."

Shinsei takes the sheet of paper, does a quick bow, and leaves.

Shinsei: 'This will be challenging, but if I want to find out my father then I have to.'

As Shinsei exited the building he ran into Sasuke, and they did what they usually do, that was train. As they walked Shinsei continued to ponder what he had learned so far. Before long they reached the training grounds and sparred until nightfall. They said goodbye to each other and went home.

THE NEXT DAY

Shinsei was walking through the village until he heard a commotion, so he decided to investigate. He reached the location almost instantly thanks to his flash-step, and witnesses Kankuro holding a child by his scarf.

Since Shinsei is from the sand he would know about the Sand Siblings.

Shinsei: "Kankuro, put the kid down."

Kankuro: "Ah, if it isn't Shinsei of the Crimson Sand, what are you doing here."

Shinsei: "I'm here for answers and the Chunnin exams, now if you be so kind as too put the kid down."

Shinsei's gourd begins to break down, and sand begins to form around him.

(Like this)

Kankuro: "Tch, whatever. He's not worth my time anyways. See you later Shinsei."

With that last remark Kankuro let go of the kid (Konohamaru) and left with Temari in tow.

Shinsei: 'These exams, are going to be interesting.'