O N E

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Anastasia's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was finally the end of the day, turns out I have the Hargrove kid in quite a few classes. I decided to organize my locker, since I was stuck waiting for Steve to meet me in the hall. I dumped my stuff out of my backpack, and started to set everything up until I was satisfied. I slammed my locker shut and jumped when I saw Billy standing at the locker two down from mine. He glanced over at me and raises his brows.

"You got a problem, toots?" I shake my head and start to head down the hallway. "You know it's rude to ignore people." He says from behind me, making me stop and turn back around.

"I know I'm just-"

"Too good to talk to me?" Billy asks as a crap eating grin spreads across his face, he walks towards me, making me walk backwards.

"N-No. I just have to find my brother, he'll get mad if I make him late." I say quickly, I trip over my own feet since I'm walking backwards like an idiot. I steady myself and he laughs at me.

"What's your name?" He asks as he pulls his cigarettes out of his back pocket.

"Anastasia Harrington." I say hesitantly. "Most people just call me Ana."

"Well, Anastasia. If you see a little red haired freak out there named Maxine, tell her I'm ready to go." He winks before turning on his heels.

"Well aren't you friendly." I mumble to myself, luckily he didn't hear me. I quickly head outside I look for Maxine but she's no where to be seen. I hear a car honk, I look up and see Steve. He pulls up beside me.

"Come on, I'm gonna be late for that dinner thing!" He yells from the inside of his car. I quickly run to the other side and hop in.

"Sorry, I thought we were meeting in there like we always do." He shakes his head.

"Yeah well plans change." He says as he starts to pull out of the parking lot. "What took you so long anyway?" He asks out of curiosity.

"I was talking to the new kid. Billy Hargrove." I say, making Steve snap his head at me.

"For Pete's sake Ana, please don't hoe around with that kid. He looks like a walking STD."

I snort. "Says you! You are a walking STD."

He rolls his eyes at me. "Look I don't trust him, he seems like trouble."

"And you don't? You're just threatened because he lowers your spot on the Apex Predator list." I retort back.

"Oh shut up, dip-" I turn his radio up blocking him out.