N I N E

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Author's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was finally the end of the day. Anastasia was making her way to the exit when Mike Wheeler came running up to her.

"Ana!" He huffed, out of breath. She turns to face him.

"This better be good Mike. I've had the worst day." She huffs.

"Look I need some quarters so I can call the Byers' house. I'll pay you back later." Mike asks. Anastasia nods and grabs her wallet.

"Is something wrong with Will? Tommy H said that Jonathan and Nancy skipped again. Is everything okay?" She drops some coins into his hand.

"Quit asking so many questions! I'll explain later just come with me." He says before running outside, she follows closely behind. Mike sticks some coins into the phone. It rings for a few seconds before eventually going to voicemail.

"Hey, you've reached the Byers. We're sorry..." Mike huffs and ends the call.

"Nothing?" Ana asks. Mike shakes his head. "Mike, what's going on?"

"Will's episodes are getting worse and don't tell anyone I told you this but on Halloween night he saw a sort of shadow in the sky."

"A shadow?" Ana asks. Mike shushes her.

"What kind of shadow?" She whispers. "I don't know. But it scared him." Mike says.

"Who knows about the shadow?"

"Just you and me." Mike says as they walk back to the steps.

"You need to tell them." She gestures to where Max, Lucas, and Dustin sat waiting for him. Mike nods.

"Anything?" Lucas asks.

"We need to talk. AV room. Right now." Mike says. They all stand. Mike turns to Max. "Party members only." He says hatefully. Ana furrows her brows at him.

"Come on, Mike." She starts but he cuts her off.

"No! This is non-negotiable." He storms inside. Dustin and Lucas turn to Max.

"Sorry, Max." They say before entering. Max huffs and sits back down.

"Do they always do this when people of the opposite gender are around?" Max looks up to Ana.

"I don't know. You're the only girl friend they've ever really had." Ana says as she takes a seat.

"What about El?" She asks. Anastasia's eyes widen.

"You know about El?" She asks.

"Yes. They didn't tell me much though. Just that she moved." Ana gives Max a confused look. "It's just annoying. I mean why can't they treat me the way they treated her?"