S E V E N

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Author's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I can't believe I'm about to have dinner with the guy that almost beat my ass this morning." Steve complains as he fixes his hair.

"Almost? He did beat you, bub." Anastasia snickers.

"Oh shut up." He mumbles.

"If you're that embarrassed, just pretend to be sick. You didn't have no problem doing it earlier today." She mumbles as she finishes her hair.

"Look I'm sorry I left without telling you, but if you felt as humiliated as I do right now then you'd understand the meaning behind my actions." He continues to ramble making Ana huff.

"I think you're just being dramatic." She says before walking out of the bathroom. Steve scoffs and follows her out into the main hallway of their house.

"Oh I'm sorry if I'm upset because I dumped my girlfriend and I got knocked down by some gym rat with an awful attitude." He spits. Anastasia laughs.

"I think you need to just grow up and get over it." She jumps on the couch.

"Get over what?" Their mom, Rachel asks as she dries her hands.

"Nothing." Steve mumbles before he jumps on the kitchen island.

"Ana darling, couldn't you have worn some nicer clothes?" Rachel complains as she examines Ana's oversized white t-shirt and baby pink bed shorts.

"Please, you're lucky I fixed my hair for this." She scoffs. David emerges from the master bedroom and walks quickly to the front door.

"I can see them walking up!" He whisper yells. Rachel runs over to stand with her husband. Steve and Anastasia just shake their heads at one another.

"Kids, get over here! You must act neighborly!" Rachel whisper yells.

"Why does it matter? You guys are literally gonna be nice to them for about a week and then complain about how high their grass is for the rest of your life's." Anastasia says as she flips through a magazine.

"Anastasia Harrington!" Rachel raises her voice making Ana jump up and run to the door with Steve trotting behind her. The doorbell rings and David opens the door almost immediately.

"Neil! Nice to see ya, buddy." David and Neil shake hands. Anastasia glances over at Max and Billy. They definitely didn't want to be there either. She notices a new bruise, but it's on his bicep this time.

"David! Always a pleasure." Neil smiles. Steve and Anastasia widen their eyes at the sight of Neil. As the adults introduce themselves, Steve leans over and whispers to Anastasia.

"Is he trying to be Tom Selleck with that chevron stache?" He says quietly, making Anastasia snort and slap a hand over her mouth. Rachel turns and glares at her daughter.

"Oh my apologies! These are our children. Steve and Anastasia." David says as he slaps Steve hard on the back. Steve winces quietly.