T H R E E

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Anastasia's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I sighed in relief when I finally see the Wheeler's house. After that encounter with Billy, I'll probably never walk home again. Mike throws his bike down and enters his house, the rest of his friends and I enter not too far behind him.

"We about got hit!" Mike huffs. His dad grumbles in the living room recliner.

"What?!" Nancy says from the kitchen. "By who?"

"Mad Max and her hotheaded brother." Dustin says slamming his stuff onto the counter.

"Hold up, Hargrove tried to run you over?" Steve tugs on my arm. Great he's gonna be pissed.

"Yeah but he swerved and no one got hurt so we're fine." I say trying to avoid conflict, but he is not having it.

"Fine?! He nearly killed us!" Lucas exclaims.

"I swear when I see him I'm gonna beat his-" I see Mrs. Wheeler approaching so I slap Steve's chest. "AAAhaha hey, Mrs. Wheeler. Happy Halloween." He says scratching his neck.

"Thank you, Steve! Nice to see you, Anastasia." She says with a bright smile.

I smile back, being polite. "You too, Mrs. Wheeler."

"Mom, we gotta go meet Jonathan and Will. I'll be back by 9:30." Mike says walking out the door.

"Make it 9:00 Mike!" She yells after him. Speaking of leaving. I turn to Nancy.

"Nancy, did you ask your mom about the bonfire?" I wink at Nancy and Steve.

"Uh? Oh! Mom is it okay if I go to the bonfire at Steve and Ana's house?" Mrs. Wheeler thinks for a moment.

"Yes. But Ana keep an eye on those two." Mrs. Wheeler points at Steve and Nancy.

"Will do, Mrs. Wheeler." I say innocently before I drag Nancy and Steve outside.

"Bye mom!" Nancy yells.

"Come on, we are gonna be late." Steve rushes past me.

I huff at my brother. "But Steve, I have to change."

He shrugs. "Change in the car. Not my problem." He opens the door for Nancy. I groan and get in the back seat.

A little while later, we finally arrive at the party. We park down a few blocks and cover Steve's license plate, hoping one of the Mom's in the neighborhood don't see us. I shoo them off so I can change. Once they are out of sight I change into my beige off the shoulder sweater and my ripped jean skirt that stopped right above my knee. As I'm pulling my sweater over my head, I see someone flash their headlights at me as they drive by. Real classy. I shrug it off and finish getting dressed then head to the party. I hear people cheering from the back yard. One I'm in the house I squeeze through the crowd and locate my brother.