S I X

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Author's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"What the hell is your problem, Harrington?" He says in a serious tone.

"I-I Uh. Nothing. What are you talking about?"
She says as she avoids his gaze. He grabs her face and makes her look at him.

"I'm talking about the fact that you've been acting like a deranged psychopath all day." He says making her scoff.

"How have I been a deranged psychopath?" She crosses her arms over her chest. He grabs her body and gently pushes her up against the wall.

"Let's go down the list shall we. First, you stole my cigarettes, second you came to the basketball game and didn't cheer me on, then you stormed off so you could hang out with the 8th graders." Billy says. He begins leaning towards her face. "Now to me that screams deranged psychopath." He smirks. Anastasia's face starts to heat up.

"I've just had an off day..."

"Ana, you always act like this." He laughs.

"Look I gotta get to my brother, he's my ride."

"Hate to break it to ya toots but Steve already left." Billy grins.

"You liar, he did not." She scoffs.

"You want proof, go look out there." He says nodding off towards the front doors.

"Can you please get out of my face first?" Anastasia smiles cheekily. He drops his smile and backs up. She walks outside and looks around. Where was her brother?

"See, what'd I tell ya." He says.

"Well, I guess I'm skating home then." She huffs.

"You're not doing that." Billy says, grabbing her forearm.

"Excuse you?" She scoffs.

"You heard me."

"I- What about your sister, Maxine?" Anastasia says, trying to find an excuse.

"Screw it. She's ten minutes late. That little shit can skate home." Billy says before opening his passenger door. "Get in."

"You're crazy Hargrove." She scoffs. "I'm not getting in that thing."

"Anastasia, I'm driving you home whether you like it or not." He retorts.

"Billy, I can skate home." She says as she starts to walk back towards the school.

"No girl should be on the streets alone." He says before grabbing her wrist and dragging her to the car.

"I'm pretty sure this is considered kidnapping." She says as she plops into the passenger seat.

"It's better than you getting kidnapped by some creep on the streets." He says as he starts his car.

"Who says you're not a creep?" She smirks as she holds in a laugh.

"You're hilarious." Billy says before putting the car in drive and taking off. She grips the sides of the car.

"Billy, slow down!" She screeches.

"I'm not even going that fast, sweet cheeks." He speaks calmly.

"Well it feels like it!" She exclaims. Billy reaches over and buckles her seatbelt.