Chapter 1 - Questionable Choices and Unexpected Invitations

[AN: Before you begin, you need to know that this work might not be finished. At all. Ever. So enjoy it at your own risk.]

"I don't think you should go," he said in a tone that was more imperative than suggesting.

"Well, thank you for expressing your opinion, our company will get back to you in 5-7 business days," I said.

"Don't be ridiculous, you're not seriously considering going there, hanging out with those gits."

"Cormac, I've already made up my mind."

"No, you're not, you're not going, you're staying here with me! If... if... if you're going, I consider this as a betrayal."

"I'm done with you telling me what to do and who to hang out with, (which is usually no one), consider all you want McLaggen"

I called him by his last name and that's when he knew I was serious.

After a year of controlling me, I wanted a taste of freedom, in fact, the taste of anything and everything. So naturally, I did the very thing that would piss him the most, go to a Slytherin party.

It was a wonder how I ever got an invite since all my "friends" were Cormac's mates. However, the Slytherin girl, Lucrecia, who I partnered up with in Potion class passed me a note that said that a few people are throwing a party down in the dungeons and they, including her, would like to see me there. Only me.

Everyone knew I was dating Cormac and after a few incidents, no one dared to hit on me. It was like I was behind a wall until I realized I was behind the bars. At first, it was cute and I found it very hot how controlling he was, I needed to feel protected and cared for, but slowly his protection didn't allow me to breathe and this party was my getaway card.

All this Gryffindor vs Slytherin rivalry made me feel like I was already breaking all rules but at last, I had nothing to lose. I was Gryffindor myself, but if Slytherins wanted to make friends with me how could I refuse.

In the next Potion class, I passed Lucrecia the note saying that I am going and I needed further instructions on how to get inside. She smirked at me as she read a note, surely it was satisfying to get a Gryffindor on "the dark side", especially when it would cause so much chaos.

She said that they are not giving anyone passwords, because first, non-Slytherins rarely get invited to the party, and second, they can't risk anyone knowing their password. She will wait for me at midnight near the portrait hole to let me in, how I get there, wasn't her concern.

"If you can slip out the dorms and not get caught, then we made a right decision, if not well... tough luck."

I didn't take it personally, she was right. I was on my own now and it was my quest.

"How about your boy toy, does he mind?" asked Lucrecia in another note.

If Slytherins weren't Snape's favorite I would be in two weeks of detention already.

"It's none of his concern anymore"

"Oooh, drama! You can tell me more tonight."

"Maybe," I wrote at last.

She gave me a look of respect. She didn't think I was that stupid to blab all of my personal issues to her, did she? Not like that bimbo Lavender Brown. Even the teachers knew! No wonder Ron ran from her for his dear life.

Even though some people began to notice that Cormac and I weren't walking around and hugging like we were one human being, my face was lit up with a big grin. Of all, it didn't look like I've been broken up with, it looked like I was just shagged.

I was dreamingly seating at the table in the Great Hall, trying to stuff my face with lunch, and thinking off all the scenarios about this party. Who would I meet? What would we do? And I was definitely not thinking about how I will get to the dungeons unnoticed in the middle of the night. My only plan was just to do it and act on the spot, and hope that maybe I'll be lucky enough to not be spotted.

I was in my room, counting minutes to midnight. My roommate, Katie Bell, was becoming suspicious when I turned my closet upside down searching for the outfit. However, she didn't say anything, and I changed in my nightgown right in front of her, making her a little bit more uncomfortable by the amount of skin I showed. The break-up certainly made me do stuff I don't normally do, but that was the point, wasn't it?

When everyone was finally asleep, I put on my black slim dress which was ending way above my knees with a revealing hole on the back. I sneaked out of the room.