Chapter 6 - A Rare Combination

Just when Fred left I was able to see what he wrote on my parchment. He simply wrote, "Fred Weasley" and a heart next to it. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, not knowing what to do with the writing, scratching it out would only make a bigger mess. So, I left it like that, after all, it was funny to think I would ruin my parchment over some boy. The bell rang and everyone emptied the classroom as soon as possible while I slowly collected my things. When the last person left the room I came up to Professor Sprout and apologized for falling asleep during class and asked if I can help her with anything to make up for it. She said it was fine but if I really wanted to help I could take all the Bubotubers and put them in the backroom in order.

So I began to sort the plants accordingly when I heard the classroom door open and Neville Longbottom came in.

"Ah, Longbottom! Just in time, you can start rearranging Mandrakes as we discussed and help Miss Y/l/n to make some order in the back room, " said Sprout and left the room.

I didn't even know Neville that much so we didn't talk for a while, doing our assigned tasks in silence. He was passing by with a small pot in his hands, I caught his look and smiled at him. This disoriented him for a second but it was enough for him to stumble and drop the Mandrake pot. I closed my ears with my fingers just in time when the plant began to scream. Neville of course was less lucky. He fell unconscious, and I ran up to him. I put as much dirt on the little Mandrake as possible to shut it up using only my feet. Then when I was sure I can free my hands I tried to wake Neville up, I slapped him with half strength and he opened his eyes.

"What... happened...?"

"You dropped a pot with Mandrake," I said while helping him to stand up.

"Oh... that happens sometimes, sorry"

"It's fine, don't worry."

When Neville could confidently stand on his feet I left his side to repair the pot with a charm. We cleaned up the mess and put the mandrake back into the pot after putting some earplugs on. Neville told me about other incidents that happened to him with magical creatures and it made me laugh. I didn't expect him to talk so much, but it seemed like not a lot of people listened to him anyways. When everything was done, we left the room and walked towards the Gryffindor commons.

"Y/n, thank you for helping me today, you're cool and nice, that's a rare combination."

"Thank you, Neville! It was nice to have you as a Herbology after class buddy"

"Anytime! Also, my girlfriend's house is throwing a party a few days, please come, you can take someone if you want to too."

"Sounds interesting, Neville. And what house is that?"

"Ravenclaw"

"Okay, I think I'll go, just remind me on the day of it, would ya?"

"Sure, Y/n"

I was eager to know who his girlfriend was, but since I know how it is when everyone sticks their noses in your business, I didn't ask. I'll find out at the party then.