Chapter 7 - Blue lights, blue dress, and blue drinks

I saw Neville on Friday just when I already forgot about the party all along. So when out of the blue he asked: "Are you coming?" I didn't respond right away, thinking about what he was talking about.

"Ohhh the party right, yeah I am."

I went into the common room to hang out with Dean before the party, but he was sadder than ever.

"Oh come on Dean, I gave you a few days to sob and whine, now it's time to move on"

"Look, I don't know how you moved on so easily, but it certainly doesn't work on me"

"Well actually, I have an idea, but you have to trust me on this one"

"Now you're scaring me... but I like it"

"That's the spirit! I guess..."

We laughed and I told him about the Ravenclaw party and that he is coming with me. He agreed and I left to get ready. This time I decided I will wear something a little bit more stand out-ish, but still wearing Ravenclaw colors, a royal blue satin dress. I sneaked out of the room at ten to midnight to meet Dean downstairs, he was wearing an oversized Queen's t-shirt and jeans.

"Impressive, Y/l/n"

"Thank you," I bowed using the ends of my short dress, which was obviously not made for that, "you're not too bad yourself, Thomas"

"Now that we're done hyping each other up, shall we proceed?" he spread his hand with mannerism, pointing to the exit.

"We shall," I said, taking a step forward.

When we reached the Ravenclaw portrait hole I realized Neville forgot to tell me the password but turns out the trick wasn't that. Turns out only the ones who can solve the riddle can come in, and while I was more puzzled the more I thought about the question, Dean already answered it. I was even more glad I took him with me.

We stepped into the darkness and when my eyes adjusted I saw many blue flames lighting up the room. Grand blue sofas were placed on the sides of the room to keep most of the space free for dancing. Luckily, Neville was sitting on the closed sofa, so when he spotted me he waved his hand inviting us to join. As we walked closer I had an opportunity to see who else was there with him. He was hugging Luna Lovegood's waist with one of his hands, while she was completely zoned out. Then there were the Patil twins, who reminded me of some other twins and for a second I caught myself searching for them in the crowd. Besides the sisters sat Cho Chang, Ravenclaw seeker, staring at her own cup.

"Hey Y/n, I'm so glad that you came, and brought a friend with you too, I didn't know you two knew each other"
"Yeah, surprise," I spread my hand in a festive kind of motion.

I didn't expect it, but everyone laughed. I didn't ever think that I was funny, Cormac always told me I shouldn't even try or would interrupt me in the middle of the sentence to tell the same story over and over.

The Patil sisters suggested we do some Firewhiskey shots and we all were up for it, except Neville and Luna. I made Dean take a few in the row, and he made me do the same, and the girls just followed us. It only took a few minutes for alcohol to kick in, but what's more important I got an urge to pee because of it as well. I whispered to Cho and asked her where the bathrooms were and she pointed into the end of the common room. I entered the bathrooms and it was surprisingly almost empty, except...