Chapter 9- The Words of Smoke

I quickly looked at the twins, and even though I was hoping to avoid Fred's eyes, he was already looking at me with the same look he gave me in the bathroom.

I turned my head to see what was going on with Neville and saw that he took a smoke from the joint and exhaled it into Luna's mouth. Then Luna exhaled the same smoke into Parvati's mouth and she exhaled the little that was left into Blaise's mouth.

"Take a new one," said Lucrecia, and Neville pasted the joined to Blaise.

Blaise took a smoke holding the joint with one hand and pulling me by my neck closer to him with another. He was so close to me and I didn't even realize how that happened but it was too late to back down. He exhaled smoke into my open mouth, our lips inches from each other.

I quickly turned around to exhale the smoke to Dean, which felt very awkward for both of us. He turned around to exhale the smoke to Cho, and then she had to start over. I wasn't a smoker, so under any other circumstances I wouldn't take the weed, but the dangerous excitement of the game got the best of me.

I watched some Ravenclaw girl passing the smoke into Fred's mouth and he quickly exhaled it to the girl on the other side of him; then he turned his head to look at me and smirk. I tried to pretend that I wasn't watching him this whole time, mesmerized by the act.

The joint quickly ended so I didn't have to take another smoke.

"Alright, people, I guess it's time for another game," said Lucrecia taking out something that looked like a card or a piece of parchment out of her pocket, "you have to pass this card to each other without using your hands, only with your mouth. Like that...," she took Blaise out of the sofa to demonstrate on him what to do.

She put the card on her lips and sucked the air out of it, then passed it to Blaise who put his lips on the card and sucked the air out of it, making it stick on its own. It all looked like a kiss with just a thin piece of parchment between the lips but that wasn't the trickiest part.

"Everyone, change places, or else it would be boring to do it with the same people, come on, up, up, up. Whoever loses the card and fails to pass it with a mouth, loses the game."

She put Blaise in between Luna and Parvati, and then everyone began quickly switching places. Before I could figure out where should I sit, Fred landed on the sofa where Dean was just a few seconds ago.

He put his hand on my knee stopping me from getting up just when I was about to find a new place to sit. I realized there was no escape now, and I stayed where I was, putting Fred's hand off my knee.

The game started from the other end of the circle, going in the opposite direction from the previous game.

Lucrecia started it by passing the card to Dean, he passed it to Cho who ended up still sitting near Dean. I was watching carefully people passing the card to each other with impressive skill.

The same Ravenclaw girl who sat between Fred and George during the previous game passed the card to Fred. I prepared for my turn and leaned closer to Fred when he turned around. He turned around and pulled me closer to him by my neck.

Just when our lips were inevitably close to each other, Fred dropped the card and quickly kissed me on the lips. I quickly leaned back looking at him.

"Hey!" I said.

He just shrugged and laughed, looking satisfied with himself.

"Fred, you're out," said Lucrecia, reminding the rules of the game.

Fred shrugged again and got up, George followed him, although Lucrecia tried to stop him.

"George, you don't have to go," she said.

"Yeah, but what's the point? And I already had my turn," he answered.

Although not for the same reason, but I, too, got up and left. I didn't want to play anymore, it just felt too much. Too many people in my personal space, trying to kiss me and it all just got me confused.

To distract myself, I proceeded to the table with the drinks. Just when I was about to drink up, I heard someone across the table.

"You didn't think of taking shots without me, did you?"

I looked up and saw Dean.

"And me!" Cho emerged from behind his back, looking tipsy.

I laughed.

"Alright, drink up!" I filled two more shots and passed them.

Our faces screwed up after the bitter taste.

"Let's go dance," I shouted across the table.

They nodded and followed me to the dance floor. The liquor started to hit us all; Dean and Cho were all over each other and I was giggling to myself. I was so happy that my plan to distract Dean from the break-up worked so well. Maybe even too well, because I started to feel like I was third wheeling.

I was dancing, flipping my long hair this way and that when I caught a familiar figure in the crowd.

I smirked at Blaise, acknowledging that I saw him and that he may come up and join me. Then I turned my back, as though to tease him and continued dancing, but now a bit more seductively.

I felt him from behind me and smiled. All it took was just one gaze, so easy. He scooped my hair with his long fingers, removing it from my neck. Then the hand traveled down to my naked shoulders, I shivered as his hand was so cold.

I continued to dance, now moving my hips this way and that, while his hand traveled down my waist. However, it didn't stay there for long, slithering down to my hips now. This was its final destination, as I wasn't going to let them any further.

I looked again at Dean and Cho; Dean finally shifted his gaze from Cho's lips to me. He looked puzzled, almost stopping to dance, which made me turn around instantly.

"Weasley! WTF?"

Fred's amused gaze traveled up and down on me before answering.
"What? You seemed to enjoy it."

"Well yeah, because I thought you were..."

"Who?" the smirk on his face turned into a grimace.

"Doesn't matter." I was looking around, to see where Blaise was.

But he was nowhere to be seen. Shit, he must've seen me with Fred. I was so angry with Fred. Angry for kissing me, angry for scarring off Blaise and for this dance, but mainly angry because I liked this dance. Deep down I was glad it was him because I knew that only his touch would send those shivers down my skin.

"Oh, I am so done with you, Fred Weasley." I didn't shout, in fact, he had to listen extra carefully to hear me, but I made myself clear.

I leaned to Dean's ear.

"I'm leaving, are you with me?'