Chapter 8

(So. It's been a while. I'M SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG I GOT SUPER LAZY AND HAD NO MOTIVATION OR IDEAS FOR THIS STORY!! TAKE THIS CHAPTER AS FORGIVENESS! Also, enjoy this chapter!)-Mo

"How the fuck did you run that fast!?!"

I felt my mouth open to form a response but only another heavy breath came out. My eyes fell back down towards the ground, chest still pounding from the run. "I-I... I don't know." I finally studdered out confused. I really didn't understand what happened. I knew that endermen could run fast, but I only thought it was when they were angry, and even then I'm only half enderman! "I really don't know Techno.." I spoke once again turning to him.

His confused and shocked face softened for a second before looking up at the dark red pillars. "On a good note I think you found the fortress," Techno said jokingly in a bad but appreciated attempt to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, I think I did," I said also looking towards the deep red pillars.

Suddenly Phil came running out from behind a corner with Wilbur Tommy and Tubbo not too far behind. "Holy shit! I didn't know you could run that fast!" Phil said between breaths.

I chuckled sheepishly at his reaction, "I didn't know either."

"And I thought I said tell us if you see something, not just go off on your own!" Phil slightly scolded.

"Sorry, I-" I paused. Should I really tell them that I felt a pull towards these random bricks? Should I tell them how they 'called for me' and I had to get to them? 'Ah yes don't worry Phil the bricks told me to go to them!' My eyes flickered down to the red ground I was sitting on. I couldn't tell them. "I don't know what came over me Phil, sorry," I said slightly frowning. I watched as his face faltered for a moment into worry then to a blank-faced sigh.

"It's okay mate. Now let's get some Nether wart." He said holding his hand out to me. I grabbed it and stood up just now noticing that my breathing had evened out back to normal.

Phil then pulled out a diamond pickaxe that was strapped to his back and swung at the pillar of bricks. Instantly they started to crack and fall apart in nice cube-like chunks. Phil kept mining away at the pillar until it finally opened up revealing a small but steep staircase. He then placed the pick back in its scabbard...? and walked inside. I was quick to follow him making sure I didn't fall behind and become a nuisance.

Hearing some footsteps behind I turned my head slightly over my shoulder. My eyes landed on Tubbo who had the biggest smile on his face for some reason. I smiled back at him before turning back to the stairs in front of me. The steps were thin enough and tall enough to make even me with my giraffe legs uncomfortable stepping over them.

Phil stopped at the top of the stairs and turned back with a slight look of realization on his face. His eyes flickered between every person behind me before sighing. "Okay, Ranboo there are these creatures called blazes. They like to shoot fire so be careful and just watch your surroundings kay mate?"

"Okay, I can do that," I said eyes locking on his blond hair that rested on his shoulders. It was slightly wavy and there was this one curly strand from a braid or something that came undone that my eyes kept trancing to avoid his gaze.

"Good, kay let's go." Phil turned back and opened up a heavy door leading to a dark brick hallway. I looked around the dimly lit halls being careful to watch my surroundings. We walked until the red tunnel opened up into a small room with stairs in the center. It was an odd layout for a room. Phil then excitedly walked to the sides of the stairs Tommy not too far behind.

"There are loads of this nether wart shit here!" Tommy yelled from behind the stairs. I walked around joining them to see a bright fungus that was the same color as everything else in this dimension. Red. Tommy was hunched over a bunch of them quickly picking the red mushroom-like thing and shoving it in his bag. He then picked one up and smelled it. "Ugh! Phil why do these smell like old food?!" I picked one up and smelled it, immediately dropping it afterward and covering my nose.