Chapter 5: I saw you

"Ain't none of your friends business ain't none of my friends business." - Teyana Taylor

Leah ~

It's been a month since I've seen Paris but we talk on the phone every day all day. She texts me in the morning and when she forgets to text me because she's rushing I text her. We talk on the phone every night I'm not one to open up very often but I'm the type of person who's there for everybody but no one is really there for me when I need them but Paris told me to allow her to be my go to person and so far we've been good.

When she told me she wanted to be "friends" it did hurt like hell. I started to play with my necklace she bought me I haven't taken it off really other than getting in the shower.

I finished putting on my make up because Stan is finally taking me on a date. The doorbell rung and I grabbed my clutch and my phone off the charger and turned off all my lights.

Once I opened the door Stan was looking handsome holding flowers for me.

"You look beautiful." He said and I smiled.

"You look handsome." We rode in his drop top Porsche and he let the top down. Business - Teyana Taylor came on. I stood up and started to dance while standing up and letting my hair flow through the wind until Stan pulled me down in my seat.

"What are you doing? You could get me a ticket." I rolled my eyes

"I was trying to have fun." I mumbled.

"That's not fun that's dangerous." He responded and I just stared straight ahead. Once we got to his favorite restaurant we were seated immediately, he started talking about his job as I drunk my water.

I stared off into space thinking what was Paris doing right now. I looked over and couldn't believe my eyes it was her with a guy I presume to be her boyfriend, he was kissing and touching on her and she was giggling and smiling they were both cuddled up in a booth together, an older couple came by to tell them how wonderful they look together.

"Babe? Earth to Leah?... You okay?" Stan asked me once he regained my attention.

"I'm fine, just trying sink in everything you're saying about work" he smiled at me, he started to look over his menu and my phone made a sound.

*ding*

Paris: What are you doing Leah lime cake?

Me: I should be asking you that question.

Paris: What's that suppose to mean?

Me: Nothing at all, goodnight Paris.

Paris: Leah what's wrong?

I didn't respond I just let her blow up my phone. After the date Stan and I took a walk around Piedmont Park.

"You know I see myself marrying you one day." Stan said and I smiled.

"A lot of things would have to change honestly if we were to get married Stan." I said, hey I can't help but speak my mind.

"Like what?" He asked

"You're a workaholic and I wouldn't want to be in a marriage alone plus you're already married to your job." He nodded his head like he was thinking of something, he grabbed me and kissed me in the middle of the park and I smiled.

Once I got home I was exhausted I took my hair out of its bun and took a shower. Once I finished all my hygiene stuff I prepared myself for bed I looked at the clock it was 1am I set my alarm and went straight to sleep.

I woke up to my phone ringing, I turned on the lamp and put on my glasses whoever is calling better have a good aśs reason. I answered without looking at the caller I.D

"Hello?" I said in a sleepy aśs voice.

"Would you like to tell me why you are mad sleeping beauty?" Paris said and I rolled my eyes.

"No." I said with a serious voice.

"Leah you can't be mad at me and not tell me why and I also know you're mad because you didn't call me tonight." I sighed

"Are you still with him?" I asked

"With who?"

"Your boyfriend." I said in a Duh-tone.

"How'd you know-"

"I saw both of you at the restaurant tonight while I was on a date with Stan, I saw both of you and you too seemed happy while he was kissing you and you were giggling. You were completely oblivious that I was there and I didn't want to interrupt." I said in a smart-aśs tone. The line was silent for a moment then she came back.

"Are you jealous?" She asked.

"Nope, but I have work in the morning Paris and you have school.. See the difference? I have bills to pay while you have no worries but your grades and college. Maybe we should stop this "friendship" thing."
A tear slid down my face at the fact someone else had her love and not me.

"Okay." Her voice sounded like it was cracking.

"Okay goodnight." My voice sounded dry and like it was cracking.

"Goodnight Leah." I hung up the phone and started to drift off to sleep as tears escaped my eyes I went to sleep crying silently.

---
Can't wait for you guys see what happens next chapter! These two confusing fréaks are going to turn things up a notch :) stick around for the next chapter it may be tomorrow that I update who knows? I can't stop writing this story :/.

-P.H