Chapter 3: An Unfamiliar Object

Ethan's P.O.V

The police arrived shorty after I went into Emil'ys room. They were asking a who bunch of questions, looking for fingerprints, and taking some so called "evidence." I was standing with Mrs. L and Cameron watching  the officers do their job. "Excuse me, Mrs. Larosa, can you come here please?" One of the officers asked. Mrs. L walked over to the door and I followed right behind her. "Does this look familiar to you?" The officer asked pointing to a box halfway under a corner table. "Why no, it does not look familiar!" We were both confused. "Perfect." The officer exclaimed. "How is this perfect?" I asked. "Well perhaps son, we might have a very helpful piece of evidence." The officer put on some blue latex gloves and picked the package up. He dusted it finding a couple of finger prints and started to open it. As I watched him carefully, he pulled out a note and un folded it. "You probably don't know who I am, but I know exactly who you are. This note is addressed to one person and only that person..." The officer trailed off while speaking. "Um Ethan. This note is addressed to you." He said. "What?" I was completely shocked and horrified. The officer handed me the note and I began to read the rest out loud. "Ethan Grant Dolan. I believe we are soul mates from another life brought back to continue out love story. I see that Emily has been getting in the way of it, and I will not let that happen! I promise we shall be reunited again soon -P."  My jaw dropped. I was confused, mortified, and the full of regret. Emily is missing because of me. "Do you know this person?" The officer asked. "No! I have no idea who 'P' or whoever this person is!" I said with anger. "It's okay calm down." Emily's mom ran out of the room crying. She probably thought that this whole thing is my fault which filled my body with guilt. "We are going to have to take you into the station for questioning." The officer told me. It didn't bother me that I had to be questioned. I just wanted to find Emily so bad.

-At The Station-

I was in a room with a table and two chairs, one that I was sitting on. The chief of the investigation walked in and sat down placing the note in front of me. "Do you have any clue who this person is? Any clue at all?" The lady asked with a stern look. "Honestly, I don't! It can't be an ex girlfriend because I don't have any!" I said scratching my head. "Well according to your file, apparently you are 'vine famous'?" She asked for clarification. I nodded my head with agreement. "Tell me Ethan, what is 'vine famous' and how did you become that way?" "Well my brother Grayson and I started making these 6 second videos called vines. Then one day a popular account revined our vine. It means that they shared it on their profile, but the account was a fake. Soon we had a whole bunch of followers, and now we make YouTube videos, and go on tours and stuff..." I explained. "Ah I see. Well the only thing that would actually make sense is if the person that kidnapped Emily is a fan of yours." She told me. "What? My fans would never do that!" I yelled. "Well it would seem that a fan has reached a high stage of fixation over you. Meaning that they obsess enough over you and will do anything to be with you. In this case, this person kidnapped your girlfriend." My eyes were full of tears. How could someone do this? "The only problem is the finger prints on the package." She said. "What about the finger prints?" I asked. "Well Emily's hands were definitely touching this package, but the others seem to be unknown. The one thing we do know is that the person was male." She told me. Tears dripped down my face and fell onto the table. Just the thought that some creepy psycho has kidnapped Emily made me feel like I was stabbed in the heart. "Well what do we do?" I sniffled. "For now we keep investigating. I promise you Ethan we will find Emily." The lady walked away leaving me in a puddle of tears.