Chapter 26: The Questioning

Emily's P.O.V

A couple hours later I awoke inside a hospital room. The doctors and nurses managed to take the bullet out of my leg and now it was all wrapped up. The doctor was explaining to me that I would need to use crutches for the next little while because of the pain. "Can I see Ethan?" I interrupted him. "I'm assuming that is your boyfriend whose been outside with his family for a while?" He chuckled. "Just a moment. I'll go get them." The doctor walked out of the room and everyone else came rushing in. Ethan ran over to me with the biggest smile on his face. He looked like a little kid on Christmas morning. "Hey baby!" He said grabbing my face and leaving little kisses. "I - missed - you- so - much!" I laughed while he said that in between kisses. "Oh Ethan stop it." I giggled. He back away and one by one Grayson, Cameron, and Mrs. Dolan gave me hugs and we made little conversation. "Emily I'm sorry to bring this up..." Mrs. Dolan said, "But I'm afraid we need to discuss your living situations considering Pamela has been arrested. Oh and you need to go to the police station to be questioned as well." Mrs. Dolan looked so sad saying all those things. I guess she felt bad about all the stuff I went through. "Yeah I kinda figured that..." I trailed off. "Don't worry sweetie. Everything will finally be alright." "Here's some clothes that I brought for you." Cameron said handing me roots track pants and a tank top. "I figured you wouldn't want your old ones." "Thanks Cam." I smiled taking the clothes. I went to the bathroom to change and of course Ethan didn't want to leave my side so he stood outside of the washroom. After, we both walked to the Jeep and drove to the Police station. I was greeted by Mrs. Tarso and  gave her a hug. "I'm glad to see that you are looking better and rested." She smiled, "Now we are going to have lots of questions for you and I understand if you feel a little emotional." Mrs. Tarso led me to an interrogation room and I gave Ethan a quick kiss before entering. "I'll be here when your done." He said letting go of my hand.

"By the way Emily, this will be recorded for the investigation purposes Now let's get started." She said opening a note book and clicking her pen. Mrs. Tarso asked me about the first time I was kidnapped. They were very brief questions until we got into the second time. "Did you experience any sexual intercourse or assaults?" As soon as she asked that chills ran up my spine and I stared at the table not saying anything. "Emily?" She asked looking at me with concern. I sniffled and tears ran down my face while I completely broke down. "Yes." I softly cried into my hands. "He raped me." Mrs. Tarso handed over some tissues with sympathy. "Who did Emily?" She said waiting to write his name in her notebook. "Andrew did! Or he said he did! I don't know I wasn't awake." I sniffled trying to keep calm. "After he kidnapped me, he knocked me out and dragged me through the forest and I woke up with new clothes and... he said... he said he raped me!" I couldn't contain my tears. "Okay we are going to have to get you tested straight away. Don't worry we are done questioning you." She said pulling out a green slip from her bag. She scribbled some stuff on it and handed it over. "Go straight to a doctor's office and ask for a medical pregnancy test. Hand them this slip so they can inform us the information." She patted me on the back before I left the room. I tried wiping away my tears before I saw Ethan. "Oh god. How do I tell him?" I shook as I saw him sitting in a chair down the hallway shaking his leg. Eventually he noticed me and stood up. "Everything okay?" He said pulling me into a hug. "Ethan..." I started, "what's this?" He interrupted looking at the green paper. "I um... I need to... Iv'e gotta go to the doctor's office right now." I stuttered. "What for babe?" He said looking at me all shaken and pale. "I...I might have been raped." Ethan stopped moving for a second and just stared at me. The room felt so silent and I began tearing up. "Andrew might have raped me when I was unconscious." I said looking at the floor. He still didn't move and scanned me like I was a completely different person. I stood in horror of what he was going to say, waiting for something to come out of my mouth. Suddenly, he grabbed me and pulled me into his chest wrapping his muscular arms around me. He cried next to my ear while my face was buried in his chest. I felt him shaking and I could hear his heart pounding. "Im so sorry babe!" He cried. "I should have been better. I shouldn't have let you go to the hospital. I'm suppose to protect you and look at what's happened!" He squeezed me so tightly that I began to loose balance with my crutches. "Ethan please! This isn't your fault. Nobody knew this was going to happen. We don't even know if I was raped." My voice was muffled because I was talking into his chest. "Baby I swear to god I will never let ANYTHING happen to you ever again! I will die before something like this happens." I looked up at him and he used his thumbs to wipe away my tears and kissed me on my forehead. "This isn't you fault Eth. Please don't blame yourself." "It's that f**king Andrew's fault. He deserves to be dead or I would have been the one to kill him!" He said letting go of me and clenching his jaw and fists. "We can't change what's happened but Ethan don't think that I'm not yours. I'm still your Emily." I said trying to reassure him too. "Yeah but my Emily was raped by a monster! My girlfriend, the person I'm suppose to protect and care for, was raped and I couldn't do anything!" "ETHAN STOP SAYING THAT WORD PLEASE! IT HURTS TOO MUCH!" I cried and everybody stopped and looked at us. "I'm sorry baby. I'm just so overwhelmed." He said trying to grab my hands. "Can we just please go and find out for sure?" I said pulling away. "Yes. Of course. Right now. Their in the car. C'mon." He said opening the door for me so I could wobble towards the Jeep and go get tested.