Chapter 10: What Is Wrong With The World

Grayson's P.O.V

The whole entire time Ethan was gone me, my mom, and Cameron were worried sick. "It's been an hour, what do you think is happening?" Cameron said biting her nails. "I have no clue. I just hope Ethan is smart about this situation and nobody gets hurt." My mom said. We were all sitting in the living room watching t.v trying to take our minds off of the situation. Suddenly the phone rang. I jumped up and sprinted over to the phone and brought it back to the couch. It was Ethan's number. "Hey Ethan! Thank God your okay!" I said smiling. "G...Grayson?" He said stuttering. "Bro what happened?" I asked putting the phone on speaker. He wouldn't talk only sobbed. "Sweet heart what happened?" My mom asked. "I...I'm at the hospital." He said in between sniffles. "Emily has been shot and she's unresponsive." He cried. We all gasped. My mom covered her mouth and Cameron shook her head. "No no!" I yelled slamming the phone on the table. Emily was one of my best friends and I cared about her deeply too. "Please come." Ethan said softly. "Well be right there." My mom said hanging up the phone. We all put our shoes on and ran to the car.

Ethan's P.O.V

At the hospital Emily was taken right into surgery. As I saw her get pushed down the hallway in a stretcher I broke into tears. The love of my life. The light of my world may never return.

I decided to call my family and tell them the terrible news. Of course they came right away. I was sitting in waiting room trying to call my mom. My mom, Grayson, and Cameron walked in and saw me. "Mom!" I cried and ran into her arms. I hugged her tightly and Grayson and Cameron joined in. We all stood their and cried our eyes out. "How could this have happened?" My mom asked. "I can't tell you about that right now. Once we find out about Emily I have to go to the station to be questioned and tell them about it." I explained. "Okay sweet heart, but I think you should rest." My mom suggested. "No! I am not leaving this hospital until Emily is okay!" I yelled. Everybody in the waiting room stared at me. "Okay Ethan lets not make a scene..." "No!" I cut her off. "My girlfriend got shot and is being operated on! She may not survive! I think I'm allowed to make a scene!"  I screamed at my mom and stormed out. Grayson followed me out of the waiting room. "Ethan..." Grayson said. "Just leave me alone!" I cried. I looked like a 3 year old having a tantrum, but I didn't care. All I cared about was Emily. 

-An Hour Later-

Grayson's P.O.V

We were sitting waiting for Emily to be finished her operation. Ethan still hadn't returned and my mom was getting worried. "I'm gonna go look for Ethan. Call me if the doctor comes." As I was about to the exit the hospital I saw Madi running in the parking lot. "Madi!" I yelled across. She didn't answer, only ran. Suddenly, she jumped into my arms crying. Her sobs were uncontrollably loud. "Shh it's okay, it's okay." I said trying not to cry. We sat on the curb for about 15 minutes. We didn't talk at all. She cried on my shoulder and I held her tightly. I looked up from her puffy face and saw Ethan. He sat beside us. "What is wrong with this world." He said. "Why are people so disgustingly crazy. Why would they ruin peoples lives?" Madi and I just looked at him. His face had no emotion at all. "I think we should all go inside now." I suggested. "Okay." Madi said. "Look who's finally talking." I said. She faked smiled and dried her tears. I picked her up off the ground and stood her up beside me. Well all walked inside together.

Ethan's P.O.V

I decided to go for a walk and clear my head. Worst decision I've made. The whole entire time I thought about all the memories and how I couldn't live without her. I loved her with all my heart. An hour later I came back to the hospital and saw Grayson and Madi sitting on the ground hugging. Madi was crying in Grayson's arms. I sat down beside them. "What is wrong with this world. Why are people so disgustingly crazy. Why would they ruin peoples lives?" Madi and Grayson looked over at me. Then Grayson suggested we go back inside. We went back to the waiting room. Cameron was sleeping in one of the chairs and my mom was talking to Mrs. Larosa. I didn't realize that she came. "Ethan, Grayson, Madi!" She said running over to us. She gave Grayson and Madi a hug. When she reached me she pulled me in tightly. We both cried. "Let's hope for the best." She said. Just I was about to sit down the doctor came in. "Who is here for Emily Larosa?" He asked. 'We are!" We all said in sink. He walked over to us and looked at his clip board. "Well the bullet just missed her heart which is thank full very good. The surgery went very well. She is quite a trouper. We only have a slight problem, nothing major. She will have to be on some medication considering she has been quite traumatized. Other than that she will be okay." My heart skipped a beat once I heard the news. I let out a satisfyingly deep breath. "Oh thank god!" Emily's mom said. "She is on a little bit of anesthesia and will be awake soon." He smiled. "Thank you." We all said and he walked away. Thank god Emily will be okay. I wouldn't be able to live with out her. We were all smiling and full of joy. Now all we needed to do was wait for her to wake up.