Chapter 9: A Single Click

Ethan's P.O.V

The sound of a gun shot filled the room. I closed my eyes in fear. "Emily!" I screamed. I opened my eyes to a whole different scenario. Lying in front of me was Ben bleeding on the floor. He jumped in front of the gun before Roger could shoot Emily. "You idiot!" Roger screamed. "Oh my god Ben!" Emily cried. "Luckily I have another bullet." Roger said. He pointed the gun back towards Emily. "FREEZE!" Someone yelled. I turned my head and saw that the cops did have my back. "Put your hands where I can see them!" An officer yelled. "No! I need to finish my job!" Roger yelled. "Sir if you do not do as we say we will shoot you!" He yelled back.

Emily's P.O.V

I saw Ben drop to the floor after taking a bullet for me. "Oh my god Ben!" I screamed. He was passed out right in front of Ethan. I saw Ethan face was filled with terror as well as mine. Roger then pointed to gun back at me. "FREEZE!" An officer yelled. The police managed the break in through the back door of the restaurant. "Put your hands where I can see them!" They yelled at Roger. "No! I need to finish my job!" Roger yelled. "Sir if you do not do as we say, we will shoot you!" They yelled back. "Well then I guess I have no choice." With a single click, and one breath my whole world stopped.

Ethan's P.O.V

Another sound of a gun shot, this time worse than the first. "EMILY!!" I screamed. She was lying on the floor lifeless with blood flowing from her chest. "BANG!" The cops shot Roger and he fell down to the floor. I got up and ran over to Emily. "No! No!" I yelled untying her arms and legs. "Stay with me! Stay with me!" I was screaming. My heart ached, tears were filling the room. The police pulled me away from her. "No! She can't die! You need to help her! I love her!" I cried. The chief of the investigation walked inside with a whole team of paramedics. They brought in 3 stretchers. "I thought you had my back!" I yelled to her. "Ethan... this was a very delicate situation..." "I don't care! You were suppose to make sure that she would be safe after this! Now she might die!" I screamed. My whole body dropped to the floor in pain. Not from the wounds I had, but from a broken heart. They put Emily on a stretcher. "I need to go with her!" I said to the investigator. "Ethan you need to come into the station first." She said. "No! I need to be with Emily!" My face was red and puffy. My shirt was soaked with tears. "Alright." She said. I ran outside and jumped into the ambulance. "It's okay. Everything is gonna be okay!" I said grabbing her hand. She wouldn't move. She looked dead. "Please please help her!" I cried to the paramedic. "We will do everything in our power."