Chapter 20: Life Of Darkness

Emily's P.O.V

Darkness. The only thing I could see. I've never been afraid of the dark, but in this moment all I knew was fear. Although I couldn't see, I knew my hands and feet were tied. The ground felt hard and cold and my head pounded. I tried to remember what happened up until now. I didn't remember the scene very clearly, only the feelings I had. 

(Flashback)

I sat in the car not knowing what to do. Should I run? Should I scream? But I remembered what Ben told me last time. He said to cooperate and try not get myself in trouble. I didn't listen to him before and I'm not doing that again. "I knew my name would sound familiar." He winked. "What do you want with me?" I asked with tears filling my eyes. "I want you to do exactly what I say." He replied. "I will do what you say, but only if you tell me why I am here." I said. I needed to show him that I wasn't scared even though deep down I was freaking out. "You are here for my benefit. Once I'm done with you, everything can go back to the way it is suppose to be. Now, get out of the car."

That was the only thing I could remember. "Emily." I hear a soft voice taunting me in the dark. hands brushed against my skin making me twitch and shiver. They reached my head, and finally I saw light. 

Ethan's P.O.V

I woke up shortly after Emily left. I was pissed at myself for letting her leave being angry at me. It's been about 2 hours now and she is still not back yet. I called her phone a couple of times and of course there was no answer. Feeling a bit lonely in the house, I called up Grayson instead. "Hey Gray." I said when he picked up the phone. "Hey Ethan. What are you doing?" he asked. "Oh well I'm just kinda bored and Emily has been out for a while." I told him. "Grayson I need some advice." "Bro what happened?" He asked. "Well you know the guy Ben; the one who took the bullet for Emily?" I asked. "Yeah what about him?" "Well she has been going to see him and I don't really feel comfortable with that. Then we got in a fight yesterday about it and she hasn't talked to me, but she went to see Ben. I don't really know why I am worried about this it's just I don't want anything to happen to her. I've seen the way she looks at him. He makes her smile so big and I'm just scared. My heart is scared." That was really hard for me to tell Grayson. It was like all the feelings I should have told Emily poured out. "You need to tell her this." Grayson said. "She needs to know how you truly feel." Grayson said. "You're right. I will when he get'd back." I said. "Ethan how long has she been gone?" Grayson asked. "Um, maybe a few hours. Why?" I asked with a puzzled look on my face. "Well I though you can only visit someone for a little amount of time, unless you are family." He said. "Grayson don't make me even more worried than I already am." I said. "I'm just telling you that bro. Anyways, you need to talk to her." We ended our conversation and I contemplated on whether  to go now and see her or wait. If i were to go now, she would think that I don't just her to be alone with Ben. But if I wait, something between them may happen. 

Emily's P.O.V

An familiar face was the first thing I saw. "Andrew."  His facial features looked the exact same, but every time I see his face now it scares me. I looked down at myself wearing a completely new pair of clothes. "What did you do to me?" I asked. I was scared what his answer might be. I have no way to protect myself right now and I just thought of all the worst things. "You clothes were kinda dirty from dragging you here." He smirked. "So I figured you deserved a 'new look'." I froze in terror. My eyes watered. "What did you do to me?!" I asked. I already new his answer by the look on his face. "I had some fun with you Emily." He said staring at my body. Tears ran down my face and I tried kicking Andrew away from me. "Get away from me! You're a monster!" I cried. "Shooing me away from you isn't gonna do anything. My job is to ruin you and that exactly what I am going to do! Have fun no longer being a virgin!" He said slamming the door. I curled up into a ball and cried. I hated my life. I hated myself. I didn't want to be in this world anymore. I couldn't last any longer. Not after everything that's happened.