25- Then Die Like One

~~~~~Y/N POV~~~~~

The world around you burned and crumbled before your eyes. You were pushed back and dropped to the ground by the explosion. Every muscle in your body was aching, but the adrenaline in your body kept you standing.

You jogged over to Tommy and grabbed his arm, "Tommy? Are you okay?"

"Wilbur just blew it up...it's all gone." He shed a tear.

You hugged him tightly and looked up onto the hill where Dream was peacefully standing.

"Hahaha, Yes!" He raised his sword above his head and looked directly at you. Your eyes met, and you froze.

'Do I mean nothing to him? I told him it wasn't a good idea, and he didn't even consider my opinion.'

You pulled away from Tommy and started walking away, "Sorry, I have to go."

"Y/n-"

"I'm sorry."

You ran around the rubble covering L'manburg and searched for your brother. Your eyes darted around until they stopped in a cave on a hill. Your dad was standing there, with your brother laying down beside him.

He had blood covering him and his right hand had Wilbur's sword in it. "No." You didn't believe it. There was no way that your dad, the person who sacrificed himself to keep you and Wilbur safe, would kill him that quickly.

"Wilbur-" You yelled and started running but was stopped when Dream hollered across the nation.

You snapped your head over to him. He was still standing on the hill but this time he had someone next to him. The man had long, pink hair that was braided behind him. He had a crown on his head and a backpack across one of his shoulders.

"Technoblade?" Tommy yelled out.

The man walked down the hill slowly, "I did not spend weeks giving you guys gear just for you to replace one tyrant with another." He looked to Tubbo who was standing on the other side of the explosion from you.

"You know him?" You whispered to Tommy.

"He helped us in the war. You were gone at the time." He whispered back quickly.

"Don't you see history repeating itself?" He settled down on a flat piece of land and reached in his backpack.

"Techno. No." Tommy walked towards Technoblade but was stopped by the huge hole in the ground.

"You wanna be a hero Tommy?" He placed eight blocks of soul sand in order. "Then die like one!" He quickly placed six wither skulls on top and ran away.

You looked up to Dream who was already staring at you. He raised his hand up and waved you over very suspiciously. You ran around everyone and jumped over the debris from the explosion. You avoided the withers by staying as far out of their path as possible.

You ran up the hill, constantly keeping an eye out for where the withers were flying. Everyone below you was screaming and fighting against them while you were walking away peacefully. You had a bit of shame lingering in your chest since you knew you could have helped but chose not to.

"Y/n. Come here." Dream had a small smile across his lips as he grabbed your wrist and pulled you out of view of L'manburg.

"Why are you bringing me away from the fight?" As you spoke, he pulled you close to him until your chests were almost touching.

"I want to take you somewhere." He smiled at you and waited for you to answer.

His hand was around your waist and his other one was still holding onto your wrist. The two of you began walking away into the woods. There was a cliff next to both of you that looked over a spruce forest. The sun was beginning to set and there was a small breeze.

You two stopped walking in a grass area with no trees in it. The edge of the cliff was about five feet away from both of you and he still had his arm wrapped around your back.

"Are you going to kill me?"

"You still think about me like that?"

"Well yeah, you kidnapped me and nearly killed me multiple times. I have no reason to believe you aren't about to throw me off this cliff." You looked into his eyes.

He stared back at you and turned your body so that you two were facing each other. He smirked and raised one eyebrow, "Y/n listen to me. We can pretend like nothing happened last night, but it did. And you have a decision to make."

Your face blushed red from embarrassment, "What decision?"

"You can accept it, and live happily with me. Or you can keep acting like you don't want me to fuck you till you can't walk."

You looked away from the embarrassment but he pulled your chin up which forced you to look in his direction. You kept your eyes focused below his face so that you didn't have to make eye contact.

"Darling, look at me." He tilted your chin up.

Your eyes met with his finally.

"Answer the question."

"No."

He placed his hand across your cheek, "Do you, or do you not want to make out with me right now? Because I'm having a really hard time controlling myself around you."

Dream's gaze moved down to your lips. His mouth opened slightly and his breath shuttered. He blinked his eyes and looked back up to you desperately, "Y/n... please."

You nodded your head just enough for him to notice. You only were able to take one shallow breath before he leaned in and pressed his lips onto yours.

After only a few seconds he pulled away, "I'm sorry, are you sure you-"

You smiled and grabbed onto Dream's shirt to pull him down, forcing him to stop talking. The two of you kissed for what felt like an eternity.

He finally pulled away and the two of you stayed looking at each other while you caught your breath.

After a moment he pulled you closer and smiled, "Y/n. How do you feel about self-sacrifice?"

A/N: Yes I know It's very rushed and very cliche but I wanted to write a chapter on the one day I didn't have homework so here it is idk lol. (1030 Words)