Ch-1: The Scottish Highlands

Scotland. Also known as the Highlands. A land of mountain wildernesses such as the Cairngorms and Northwest Highlands, interspersed with glacial glens and lochs, or valleys and lakes. Its major cities are Edinburgh, the capital, with its iconic hilltop castle, and Glasgow, famed for its vibrant cultural scene. Scotland is also famous for golf, the game first played at the Old Course at St Andrews in the 1400s. And Scotland is considered the final resting home of the legendary Vikings of the past.

On a crips bright and lovely day, the Mystery Inc. gang were all driving down a clear Scottish road with the Mystery Machine, all of them heading off to Loch Ness, and for a very special reason.

 gang were all driving down a clear Scottish road with the Mystery Machine, all of them heading off to Loch Ness, and for a very special reason

"Wow." Daphne said in awe of the landscape that was around them. "The Scottish countryside is so lush and green."

"Yeah. Just like a giant golf course." Fred added.

"Funny thing is, Fred, the Scottish Highlands have been used as a golf course." Willow mentioned to Fred, and she snickered at Fred's bewildered expression.

"Jinkies, Daphne. It must be exciting to visit Blake Castle... the ancient home of your Scottish ancestors." Velma told the redhead.

"Yeah. That is rather nice." Rose added, sitting in the back of the van with Braedey, Scooby, Shaggy, and Willow.

"It sure is." Daphne replied with a smile. "It sure is. And I can't wait to help my cousin Shannon host the Loch Ness Highland Games." She then remembered something. "Oh! I even accessorised for the occasion." She now pulled out what was a small dark pink neck tapestry from her green handbag, and she wrapped it around her neck. "I'm planning to wear this for the opening ceremonies, in honour of the Blakes of Loch Ness."

"Aww, that's nice." Rose said.

"It is rather honourable." Braedey nodded. He was actually sitting in Rose's lap, so there'd be more room for the others. Rose didn't mind this, since it allowed her to hug Braedey more.

"Like, it's not the Blakes of Loch Ness that I'm worried about." Shaggy then spoke up.

"Are you by any chance referring the legend of the Loch Ness Monster?" Velma asked to the cowardly teen, while showing a book in her hand that was known as 'Legend Of The Loch', written by a Professor Fiona Pembroke.

"Ronster?" Scooby shivered, and he hid from sight.

"Yeah." Shaggy agreed. "And, like, why are we going to a place that has a monster named after it?"

"Rakes no sense." Scooby added, popping up next to Shaggy.

"Legend of the Loch." Braedey scoffed, almost pulling a Yorkshire man accent. "Pah! Rubbish! It's just an old folklore tale to scare kids at a campfire."

"Braedey's right. It's just a campfire story." Fred agreed. "Right, Velma?"

"I'm not too sure, Fred." Velma interjected, everyone looking to her with surprise.