Ch-2: Welcome to Blake Castle

"Wow, Blake Castle! I've waited my whole life to see this." Daphne spoke in pure awe of the castle and its interior.

Soon enough, the gang were now currently being given a tour of the old castle by Shannon, looking around at the paintings and the architectural design of the interior of the castle. For Rose, it felt like déjà vu for her since she's lived in a castle for most of her life below the waves when she was little. Braedey was happy to see Rose smiling at this, and whenever they looked at one another, they would share a loving smile.

"There's over 800 years of Blake family history within these walls. Ours is a rich history of falling through trap doors, finding dangerous secret passageways, and getting caught in overly complicated booby traps of our own design." Shannon explained to the gang, while showing a painting of such events up on one wall.

"That's pretty impressive

"That's pretty impressive." Braedey commented.

"Have to say, that's a long history of the Blake family." Rose agreed with Braedey.

"The one thing we Blakes have been known for is being..." Shannon sighed as she began to think about what to say. "How should I put this...? Danger-prone."

The others now looked at Daphne with knowing looks. "What?" She asked back innocently to her friends and family, and the others then turned away from her, making other comments about other things.

"Despite all these years of misfortune... no one at Blake Castle has ever had any trouble with... the monster." Shannon continued on, looking out the window to watch as the newly repaired sailboat was being towed from the shore to a shipyard to have it checked over.

"Like, that's what I like to hear." Shaggy sighed in relief.

"That is, until now." Shannon interjected solemnly.

"Like, zoinks." Shaggy sighed in exasperation.

"As it usually does." Braedey murmured.

"Shannon... if you don't mind me asking, what exactly happened to you?" Rose now asked to Shannon, now wishing to know what had happened.

"It actually began just a few nights ago. I was by myself, down at the boat dock." Shannon explained to them. "All of a sudden, something very big and very fast came cruising into the cove. It disappeared below the surface, and I lost sight of it."