Ch-4: First Encounter

Previously...

Late that night, everyone had soon gone off to bed in their rooms around the castle. As all of the guests slept in their given rooms for the evening, Braedey and Rose were both struggling to get any sleep. The two were sharing one room, the two of them in separate beds, but it didn't stop them from pushing the two beds together. Still, the two's stomachs were growling, since they haven't had anything to eat at dinner, and they were in need of something.

"Rose." Braedey sat up in bed, as Rose followed suit. "With our stomachs growling the way they are, we are never going to get any sleep at all." He groaned in exasperation, slumping against the wall.

"I know." Rose sighed, a hand over her flat stomach. "I've never gone so long without any food before."

"Come on. Let's go." Braedey said to her.

The two pushed the door to their room open, and begin to walk out of the room, Braedey holding a flashlight in hand. He is wearing a pair of black PJ shorts and a blue shirt, whilst Rose is in blue frilly underwear, along with a translucent blue nightgown that reached down to just above her knees.

"So, which is the quickest way to get to the Mystery Machine downstairs?" Braedey asked, looking left and right around the hallways.

~*~*~

Soon, the two were now beginning to make their way down the stairs of the castle, trying to make their way down to the ground floor, and find the Mystery Machine. They both know that both Shaggy and Scooby have a secret stash of food tucked into a box built into the floor of the van, and it was their emergency supply of food.

"Okay, just in the sense that we're lost, the way down to the Mystery Machine is right around the corner." Braedey looked to his left with the torch in his hand, but it looked down to be a dark hallway. "Nope. That's not the way to the front door. That's a hallway."

"A dark spooky hallway." Rose added, holding his hand tightly.

"Let's keep going." Braedey continued down the hallway, Rose just behind him. "This must be the right way. And remember to say to yourself that there's no monsters."

"There are no monsters. There are no monsters." Rose quietly said to herself. "There are no monsters." But then, a shadow of what could be a claw appeared over her face, making her look over. "What's that?!"

"Who goes there?!" Braedey now spun around on his heel, aiming the torch over at what the shadow was. He then sighed at what it was.

"Oh, Phew

"Oh, Phew. Its just a tree branch knocking against a broken window. Come on, let's keep going." Braedey sighed in relief. With that, the two continued on their way through the castle.

As they do so, the two now saw what looked to be a set of doors ahead. The roof above them was dilapidated and rotting away, but they were so lost, they didn't know which way was the front door to the castle.