Ch-5: Welcome to Drumnadrochit

Previously...

"Well, gang, looks like we've got another mystery on our hands." Fred announced to the gang.

"Only nobody's been able to solve this one for 1,500 years." Velma said to Pembroke.

"Monster or no monster, I don't know how we'll ever get the game field repaired." Shannon sighed sadly, hugging her arms.

"Don't give up yet, Shannon." Daphne reassured to her. "We just need a little help, that's all."

"I've got it!" Shannon suddenly said with a smile. She then looked to her cousin. "First thing in the morning, we'll head into town. I know just the bloke to help us."

~*~*~

The next morning, the gang were soon underway, all of them with Shannon alongside them for the ride, heading off down into the town of Drumnadrochit, a village on the western shore of Loch Ness.

The Nessieland centre in town celebrates the legendary beast with family-friendly exhibits and loch cruises. Ruined Urquhart Castle overlooks the lake just East of the village center. To the West, wooded Glen Urquhart and Glen Affric offer horse-riding and hiking trails.

"Here we are, gang. Welcome to Drumna... Drummy... Uh... Dramunono..." Fred struggled to announce the name of the town as they drove into town.

"Drumnadrochit?" Scooby pronounced the name correctly.

"Gesundheit." Shaggy replied, and the two laughed, leaving Fred a little bewildered by what just happened.

"Better luck next time, Freddie." Rose snickered at this, she and Braedey both snickering to the blonde leader of the gang.

"This little village is so darn cute." Daphne commented as they drove along through the town.

"Like, total grooviness." Shaggy and Scooby now looked around as they looked out of the van at what was around them. "There's a bunch of little shops, a town square, the Loch Ness Monster, a nice flower garden."

Braedey and Rose looked at one another in worry. "Loch Ness Monster?!" They both spoke out in shock, and they looked out the windows as well to see.

The gang now could see some kind of huge shape rising up from behind the buildings, and it looked like the monster itself. Fred immediately puts on the brakes, the van coming to a screeching halt nearby a building and everyone looked over to see what this monster was.

Fred then relaxed, and looked back to Braedey and Rose. "Take it easy, you two. That's no monster. It's just a big balloon filled with helium." He reassured to them. He was right: the object happened to be a big inflatable Loch Ness Monster balloon, and both the Haggart brothers were both trying to tie it down, all the while to try and promote the Loch Ness Inn.